Thread: Best Music player for Windows 8

Best Music player for Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 RTM in my computer and I have started using it. Since I am a music listener, much of the time music is played in background. I wanted to know which software is best for listening music in Windows 8. I have Winamp, VLC Media Player and default Windows Media Player available. Which of this will provide me with best music listening experience?

Re: Best Music player for Windows 8

I think Winamp is the best music player of all time. If you just want to listen to music, then Winamp will provide you the best sound and features. Winamp can be used by professional music composers as well as by regular music listeners. It provides a decent sound quality and the features that it provides can be used to manipulate and listen to music in many ways possible. You can change the sound to various types of ambient by playing around with the equalizer and sound presets given in it. Also Winamp is great when it comes to find the music from the computer. With the in-built library, it accumulates all the music files in it which we can listen to.

My profession needs me to work with various sounds and music. I need to compose background music for various short films and sounds for various effects like falling of an object and so on. I think VLC media player is best player for playing music. It plays a large number of formats which is useful at professional levels. VLC media player is capable of playing most of the raw formats of an audio as well highly compressed formats too. I think VLC media player is the best music player as it can let us toggle the speed of the audio so that we can hear each and every beat of the audio file clearly. I think this feature is what that makes VLC media player best for listening music.

Windows media player is good for playing the basic formats only. You can’t expect it to run highly compressed formats or raw formats. Basically Window Media Player can only play just .mpg, .wav, .mp3 and other few formats. We have to install various codecs to get other formats running in it. Also the features available in it are less in number. I find Windows Media Player useful only when the operating system is newly installed in the computer and it doesn’t have any other media player in it. So while installing other softwares, playing music on basic Windows Player is only use that I find worth it.

I think as compared to Winamp and Windows Media Player, VLC media player has the lightest interface. There are no fancy side panels, buttons and other options. VLC media player uses the default operating system’s interface which helps to keep the things light and easy to operate. I am an interior designer by profession and I need to make the 3D models of the interiors I design. These 3D models when rendering along with the heavy textures puts such a load on the system that it takes minutes to open the My Computer itself. But during this rendering, I can easily play movies in VLC media player because of its light interface. It took time to start, but after that it never gave any problem regarding the framerate or any other problem.

I use the Zune player on my computer with Windows 8. I think this music player is best for use. Not just the Zune player plays music, but it also helps to synchronize the music files from one device to another. I have synchronized the music files from my PC along with the Xbox 360 that use to play the game and also with my Windows based phone. I think this is the main advantage of Zune player for which I prefer it over other music players. Even Winamp and VLC media player are good, but it again depends upon the user regarding which music player he/she wants to choose.

I think the way music is played on a music player depends more on the audio file rather than the music player. All music player does is to convert the data from the audio file in to sound waves and transfer it to human via speakers. If the speakers that you are using are bad and cannot play the files right, then you have to blame speakers and not the music player. All the music players mentioned in this conversation are good and each of them has their own advantages and drawbacks. Also if the audio file is corrupt or has low quality sound, then you cannot blame music player for it. If you are comparing music players for their features, then I’d say that Winamp is the best music player of all.

I think every music player has its own advantages. For example, Winamp is a pure music player. We can rate the music as well as tag it in detail. By tagging I mean that we can add various details to the file including the music composer, artists, year, album, genre and many such other features. I think this feature to add details is great in Winamp and helps in categorizing the songs efficiently. Also Winamp synchronizes music with external devices like pen drives or hard drives. Also the online library that it provides is good to find various types of music and discover new ones. I think this is why I love Winamp.

VLC media player is the best audio player. I mean which audio player provides feature to increase the actual sound by 400%. When the sound is increased by 400%, the best part is that the quality of the sound is maintained. Usually when sound is increased, many sounds are not audible, but in VLC media player this is not the case. Even if you have a small PC with no professional musical devices, you can have a small party dance using the loud sound that VLC media player provides. Though it doesn’t have any advanced features like Winamp, I love VLC media player.