Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cant get latest adobe flash player update, screen shows "blocked plug-in"

Windows Software

Old 01-09-2012

Cant get latest adobe flash player update, screen shows "blocked plug-in"

This is now getting very annoying. I am using Safari 5 on my Macbook Pro. Suddenly today morning when i tried stream a video from YouTube, i suddenly saw a message saying "blocked plug-in" and video stopped working. Refreshing dint helped. So i restarted the browser and now it shows me message to update Flash Player.

I simply updated the flash player but still the same message "blocked plug-in". Can anyone help ?

Old 05-09-2012

Re: Cant get latest adobe flash player update, screen shows "blocked plug-in"

Most probably the reason behind this on apple devices is the outdated or older version of flash. if the flash is outdated they wont contain latest security updates and hence system disabled them automatically to keep your system secured. So, you just need to update it and the problem will be solved.

There is and apple article stating solution for re-enabling an out-of-date version of Flash Player. You just need to go to /Library/Internet Plug-Ins (Disabled) folder. Here you need to drag "Flash Player.plugin" into /Library/Internet Plug-Ins. now restart your browser and you are done. For more info, you can check this.
Old 06-09-2012

Re: Cant get latest adobe flash player update, screen shows "blocked plug-in"

Seems like the problem is mostly with Apple users itself. I have seen two of my friends with the same problem and both were using Apple pcs. I am using Windows 7 at present but am with Windows from last 10 years and never had such problem. I guess Apple have some problem with Youtube personally. So, they should work on it and fix it permanently.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,