Thread: How to view animated files with .gif extension in Outlook 2010 emails

How to view animated files with .gif extension in Outlook 2010 emails

Usually i prefer Outlook as my default email client since years. Actually i was using Office 2003, and 2 days ago finally i upgraded it to Office 2010. Yes, i skipped 2007 . Now the problem am facing is i no longer able to see any animated or images with gif extension in my mails. Whereas, when i check the same email in my gmail or yahoo mails, it works. Than whats the problem with Outlook ? Also as i remember, it was working comfortably in Outlook 2003. Is it not compatible in this upgraded office Or am i making some mistake ? Please help.

Re: How to view animated files with .gif extension in Outlook 2010 emails

Yeah, it was available in Office 2003 but unfortunately they removed this feature from Office 2010 and 2007. The only way you can see the animated images is to open your that particular email in browser.

Also, if you want to send any mail with animation, you can still insert the animation in your email copy using Outlook 2010 but it will not show up to you. The recipient if using compatible outlook can see the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahtalekin View Post
    Yeah, it was available in Office 2003 but unfortunately they removed this feature from Office 2010 and 2007. The only way you can see the animated images is to open your that particular email in browser.
    Thanks for the info buddy, even am looking for the same solution. Am new to this, using Outlook for the first time and its Office 2007. So, can you guys please tell me how to open the emails in web browser ? Also, let me know if i can open it in Firefox instead of Internet explorer (i dont want to use IE). Thank you.

Opening the mail in web browser is very simple. Just double click on any mail to first open it in separate outlook window. Now click on Move than click on Actions in the ribbon Bar and select View in Browser from the drop down list. By default it chooses Internet Explorer for opening the window but if you have set Firefox as default from control Panel, it may open in FireFox itself.

Other than this, if you want you can read those particular mail in the web mail client directly itself like gmail, yahoo, hotmail and from wherever outlook is pulling that particular mail.