Thread: PC Doctor taking long time to conduct HDD test on HP mini

PC Doctor taking long time to conduct HDD test on HP mini

I have a HP mini laptop with me and I was trying to conduct a HDD test on it using the PC doctor to clear out the unwanted cache and temporary files. But when I ran the HDD test, it keeps running for an hour without any positive result. The computer doesn’t freeze or stop responding. The PC doctor keeps running without stopping. The log entries that I see keeps generating some results, but I think that it is just checking one drive or one block of the hard disk in circles. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Re: PC Doctor taking long time to conduct HDD test on HP mini

The PC Doctor software uses the Atom Based system which communicates with the MS-DOS to work with the computer. The HP mini which you use has Service Centre 7.5 in it. The problem is that Atom based system doesn’t get full support from Service Centre 7.5. Due to this many features and processes gets blocked or are unable to work properly.

I think this is the reason that PC doctor must not be able to complete the second process properly and thus it is repeating the completed process over and over again.

Re: PC Doctor taking long time to conduct HDD test on HP mini

If you have connected any external storage device like pen drive or hard disk, the PC doctor will first run the HDD tests on it before doing it on the main memory. It is noticed that many times PC doctor fails to run tests on such devices properly. So if you have any such device, please remove it first and then run the HDD tests.

If you are still facing the same problems, you can contact the developers of PC doctor who might provide you help. You can send them your query and screenshots of your problem via email and they will verify the problem.