Thread: Microsoft office 2013 looks to be having more web based support

Microsoft office 2013 looks to be having more web based support

I had seen a small interface of this upcoming Office suite. It looks that Microsoft is making it more web based. I had also seen Windows 8 which needs your Windows Live ID to download stuff. So I can assume this is not for those who work mostly offline.

Re: Microsoft office 2013 looks to be having more web based support

It looks that many are following Google. When you are on chrome to get some apps you have to provide gmail logins. The same is applicable for Android also. So to some extent Microsoft looks following the same steps. They are trying to make their tools more secure through online integration.

I had seen a number of stuff has gone online over a few years. This put less impact on the software. When you use a web based interface, you must understand that the same is very light and less resource intensive. Through online integration a users has number of options to download free templates or simply share with work on popular social networking website. I had also seen those screen-shots. They give a clear look of web based interface. The same is applicable to Windows 7 also.

In future we might not be able to use any software on offline mode. Cloud integration offer you to make your software more light. You can put some functionality over web and let the basic version work on desktop. I had seen certain antivirus also. The virus definition is updated on the cloud server. The scan is done through cloud support which gives a user to get of regular updates. Also there are less chances of getting the virus definition corrupt. The second best is that the next time you re-install the antivirus everything remains still update. You do not have to do stuff from scratch.

Cloud came to be a powerful support for various operating system. To get widges or templates you have to login with your Live ID. This keeps a control on piracy. Microsoft can track the number of users also in this way.

Microsoft 2013 is based on various web languages. Microsoft has added support for CSS, Java and HTML type scripting languages. This will give developers to create more apps and add-ons for Office suite. There were times when you cannot locate much extension for your Office Package. Somehow this is related with new platform. The cloud support allows you to keep your file online. I am not sure that Microsoft Office 2013 will also provide you a integrated online storage. Microsoft just made this changes to make Office more popular on different platform.

Today web is the only source we have to perform number of actions. There are powerful apps on web that can let you to create a text document, insert images and even print them. I am using some apps that provide me online screen recording. This all states that web is the most powerful platform. Microsoft tries to port Office for the same to make it more compatible. To some extent this will encourage many developers to work for Office and make it a better package.

This might not put any great impact on this package. I am thinking about the performance part. It should be more enhanced. Because already Windows 8 new interface is going to eat a high number of resource.

That is the reason this changes are done. Once you see Office you find a much lighter version than before. Till Office 2010, Microsoft didn't showed any intention of creating a cloud or web based platform. But recently Microsoft announced Outlook.com a much simple and easy to use online web service. You are just using the same Outlook online. I had tested that and find it more better. Outlook on PC lags a lot if you had configured a number of RSS and accounts in the same. While the online version is much smoother.

You can view the same on tablet or laptop and have the same feature. When we talk about web based interface then one thing that comes in my mind is that the application will work on any device. It does not matter if you are on Windows, Linux or Mac. It works inside your browser offering you a website type layout. In coming time we will miss large .exe setups. This also reduce the issue of piracy and virus.

That look good. But there is no indication that Office 2013 will entirely web base. They might change the interface of make it look like much lighter. Anyhow it looks Microsoft is making some major changes in ample of thing.

It is correct that Office 2013 will mostly give you cloud support. It looks that Microsoft will quiet the old interface. The desktop version that will be released will come with minimum setup. There are certain major components added and removed to make the software more smoother. Microsoft is going to add some feature which will make document sharing more better. You must not compare this with Windows 8. But somehow Microsoft is planing to add the features of cloud base document editor. So here there are chances to get more better output. Because you are simple going to get your all documents on the web quiet easily. I hope there will be some kind of version available for Android and iOS by which you can sync your documents.