Thread: PCdoctor program test is running slow

PCdoctor program test is running slow

Today I have tried running PCdoctor program on one of my old system and I was happy to see that it passed all the test carried out by the program. One thing that is still bothering me is that my system is taking hours to complete the test, I have tried carrying out the test a couple of times and have got the same response from it. I just wanted to know is it because I am having an old pc or there is something I need to check out?? I don’t think that it should take that much time as my system is not that old as well but I am not sure about it. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: PCdoctor program test is running slow

I am not sure but I think that your cpu might be getting stressed with the test or probably overheated. Just inspect your cpu temp and see if ti is staying normal when you are carrying out the test. Since you have mentioned you are having a sold pc you can try applying thermal paste you your cpu and check out if that’s making any difference in your case or not. I am not sure if it will do but this is the very basic thing that you should check out in such case. Let me know the response you get after applying thermal paste so that I can have a better idea of your issue.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the cpu as there is no instance of overheating, I have been applying thermal paste to the cpy from time to time as it used to get overheated while playing games. Actually I see the test getting paused in between, it doesn’t goes on continuously. Previously I thought that there might be some issue with my hard driver but since it is not reporting any bad sector I don’t doubt my hard drive in any sense. Anyways is there anything else that I need to check out??

I will suggest you to carry out the test with minimal and bare essentials components; you can take out the cd rom, extra ram , video card if your board is having an integrated video card and other devices that might be attached to your system and not required for the test. I had come across a guy where he was having KVM USB switch attached to his computer for keyboard and mouse because of which the test was running slow. Later when he replaced the same with PS/2 keyboard test went fine. If at all even after trying these things out PCdoctor program test continue to run slow then post your system specification in the next post for further help.