Thread: Not able to run BCompare-3 on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Not able to run BCompare-3 on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

I have recently created SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 using VMWare but I am not able to run BCompare-3 on the same. I have tried installing it several times but the installer run for some seconds and then come up with an error saying “Runtime error 230 at 08061C63”. I don’t know what’s going wrong but I want to get it running somehow. Is there anyone who can help?

Re: Not able to run BCompare-3 on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

I wanted to know the architecture of your machine, have you tried uninstalling BCompare-3 using yast or rpm?? If not then give it a try and see if that’s helping. I have not tested out BCompare-3 on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 but I have used it on OpenSUSE 11.3 vm and I did not had any issue there. As far as “Runtime error 230 at 08061C63” is concerned it is arise because of missing library. Anyways just try out using yast or rpm for uninstalling it and then reinstall it and let me know what you get.

I have tried uninstalling it using both yast and rpm bit I am getting the same Runtime error after installing it. My system architecture is 32bit; Let me know if you need any further details for helping me out. Further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I have checked out for the same and have found that such error can arise if BCompare does not has permissions to write to the settings directory and files when it is running. I mean for user abc settings directory default will be /home/abc/.beyondcompare, so if BCompare is not able to write to the files in /home/abc/.beyondcompare then it can give you a Runtime error. It can also arise if you might be trying to install BCompare using tar.gz as root while putting settings directory in root/.beyondcompare. Just check out these things and make sure that BCompare is having permissions for writing to the settings directory when you are running it. If you face any issue further then feel free to ask, I will surely try to help you with possible solution for it, best of luck.