Thread: Is it worth to upgrade Autodesk 2013

Is it worth to upgrade Autodesk 2013

Autodesk has released the 2013 upgrade for each product. Autodesk provides rich application for various aspect. Among them most famous tools are Autocad, 3DS Max, and Maya. I want to know that is it worth upgrading the same. The products provides by Autodesk are quiet heavy for industrial purpose only. I am using Autocad 2011 and not yet gone for any new version. This time I have to buy Maya or 3DS Max depends on the need.

I am getting a older version of the same on a very discounted rate. So just want to find a comparison where I can choose as per my choose.

Re: Is it worth to upgrade Autodesk 2013

Upgrade should be always the first and last option for commercial purpose. Upgrades and new version offer you a much better output compared to other. Atleast upgrade to AutoCad 2013. It has many new features.

If your company involves in major process of designing and engineering then question is worthless. For small firms it is fine to get stick with what they have with them. And if you have major doubt then you can try another way. Autodesk provides a trial version of each products it has. You can go for any of them and test it out on a different system. If you are not satisfied then you can avoid upgrades. I had put a short highlight on the product features that you will have. First it can help you to explore the design that you had made in 2D and 3D.

The design display looks more clear and detailed this time. Second you can simply use the documentation tool integrated inside Autocad making it far more better for usage. Other than this Autodesk has added a customization features. I am not much aware about the same, but this feature allows you to make the product work in the form you want. Based on ample of industrial requirement you can create a better productive environment.

You must go for the upgrade. I had purcahsed 3DS Max recently and it is really cool. There are many additions that I cannot explain so easily. There is a what's new tab on the site which will provide you the highlight of only new features.

All products of Autodesk now comes with 360 connectivity. The Autodesk 360 features allows you a kind of cloud support on which you can keep your files and access them wherever you want. For example you create a design in AutoCad and saved the files on Autodesk 360. Now when you move to different location you can access that files directly from AutoCad installed in different computer. You can modify, make changes and share the content with others. This is an awesome feature added here. This removes the issue of carrying files in usb or cd. In my case I have to send sample design to clients. Now with this feature they can access my files more easily. You just need to create a online account to store files on web.

One thing I had notice that many autodesk products comes with social media sharing. In this way you can simply share your content with your friends on twitter or facebook.

I have certain highlights on 3DS Max. The tool does not has many changes but some of them are quiet needed. Like Render Pass System and Photoshop Interoperability. Now this looks a bit confusing but I can try to explain the same in more simple way. This is some kind of new rendering system which helps you to render element for Photoshop or after effects. This was a bit complicated before, where I had go through various process. Now directly you can render some elements to a powerful photo editing software.

So this some what a compatibility support among the tools. It is possible to render single or multiple elements as per your need. You can modify the same and re-render it if you want. The same is applicable for AutoCad. But this is in different way. I think Autodesk has worked nicely on inter-portability options of many software inside the Autodesk pack.

Does there is any specific thing done to make it lesser resource intensive. I had seen the software some time tooks a quiet long time when you finally import something of larger size.

Autodesk offers great optoin to deal with industrial level solution. I am using Maya. I had not upgraded the same because I was not sure whether I will be able to get use to new buttons or not. I think the software is great with number of features that will help you to do a number of functions you want. You can see a intro video to get the right idea on what it actually offers.