Thread: Is there a similar software like Rainmeter

Is there a similar software like Rainmeter

I am looking for a tool which is similar to Rainmeter. I am using the same to customize my desktop. But it gives very less option to do changes. I am trying to find a tool that can provide full customization option which also include the taskbar and startmenu. There are ample of customization tool, which mostly gives option to change color scheme and wallpaper. I need some help for easy software that must not be resource intensive and easy to configure. Thanks.

Re: Is there a similar software like Rainmeter

According to me Rainmeter is the lightest one. It works smoothly in the background and it is not complicated to configure also. But if you try other your system usage will rise.

That is rise. If you need a different 3D effect then you can go for bumptop. This is one of the best 3D desktop I had seen yet. It works nicely once loaded. It gives you a unique platform where you can drag and drop your icons like files. It is not complicated to install but it needs a good amount of ram to work smoothly. And above all on Windows if you having multiple application already running then your desktop might start freezing. And a much better alternative for that is using a desktop sidebar.

There are many free sidebar apps that are available. I am using Rocketdock. It does not modify my desktop entirely but makes it easier for to understand the icons and gives a nice look on the desktop screen. As per my experience in using all this desktop customization application Rainmeter is one of the best. You just have to understand properly the icons and widgets on it. It does not make changes to windows theme, but add some more additional stuff on your screen.

If you just need some eye popping effects then just install a live wallpaper in your computer. It would be enough. A live wallpaper looks more cooler then all this type of widgets.

Have you tested Dreamscene. I had installed this recently. It provides cooler animated wallpapers. First of all it does not modify your current theme. Your icons lies same on the screen. Second you can download animated desktop from the official site and install them in the tool. If you exist Dreamscene the wallpapers is closed in the background. This makes your work more easier. So in case if you feel that the system is not well responding then you can check for the same.

For me animated desktop is one of the best option you can go for. Whatever you use, your system is going to chocked up in the end. For such effects it is better you must have additional ram. The system became slower as time goes on. This is one of the oddest feature of windows. I had just shifted to Ubuntu and added some 3D desktop effect which made my job much easier. It look cooler and much lighter to use.

There are tons of customization tools. But Rainmeter is different. It is the most lighter application yet I had seen. It gives you a clean and simple widgets on your screen.

I am not able to figure out what complication did you find in Rainmeter. It is one of the easiest to learn. I was using Circle dock. This was nice. It gives you a round icon arrangement on your desktop. It is easier to configure and add icons. I am using this still now and I had not yet faced freezing issue. The only issue appears if you keep adding or testing new software in windows. This makes your system slower. I had seen this a number of time, people love to install free games and software.

If they have any infection that would let to complete system crash. You must stick to single software and keep the same updated every time. So that such issue does not appear. I had seen a number of docks. They are quiet nice and good. Get one and use that only. It will be easier for you.

I have a linux pc on which I am using Conky. It is quiet similar to Rainmeter. This tool gives system usage on screen. If you ever plan to use linux test conky once.

There are no better products for desktop customization. I had used a tool called XP to Vista convertor. This tool has added some nice vibrant effect of vista, but my system became unstable after a few week. Slow bootime, and laggy screens. Then I switched to a 3D desktop which was more better. The same issue appear when I work on multiple applications. The screen freezes in between. The last thing that I had installed was Rainmeter.

It was good and I am still using it. I am sure there is no alternative to this customization tool. Because it is light and made of thin coding. You just need to edit the code in notepad and save it. This makes your customization more easier. For simple support rainmeter is best.

There are two tools that I will suggest you. The first one is Samurize and the second one is Screenlets. This two software provides you to add gadgets and widgets on your screen. Work smoother and are better.

dawidbrook Guest

Rain meter is very good software for desktop customization and also it gives many themes for our customization. This software is best among all the desktop customization software.