Thread: Which is the most powerful file compression tool

Which is the most powerful file compression tool

I am looking for a powerful compression tool. I have a large files and want to compress them to limited. I had used some software, but when I try to restore them the data got corrupted. I need a reliable tool that can not only compress but also safeguard my data.

Re: Which is the most powerful file compression tool

On which OS you are working?

Quote Originally Posted by coolio View Post
    I am looking for a powerful compression tool. I have a large files and want to compress them to limited. I had used some software, but when I try to restore them the data got corrupted. I need a reliable tool that can not only compress but also safeguard my data.
    For that the best tool that I will recommend you is Bitzipper. It is a nice and reliable software. You mus test this. There is a commercial version of the same that comes for $24.95. I think this s quiet fine for such software which can offer you a good compression ratio.

There is a powerful tool which is never noticed. It is called as KGB Archiver. This gives you the higher compression rate. The compression offer a good ram and cpu usage. But the only issue with this software is that it is very resource intensive. The software can give you the higher rate of compression which cannot be find in any other archiving utility. The software is free and works like charm. I use this tool to give my friend games which are higher than 4GB.

You have to leave your pc aside when you put the software on compression. Or else your system will freeze like hell. You must use this software for higher compression files. It takes around 30 minutes to compress a 100mb file. It can compress the file to 10th of actual size. I had seen file compressed by this software on torrent. You must try this once and then check back.

If you want a good free tool then you must try 7-zip. This is one of the best tool I had used recently and worked quiet nicely. It does not allow you high compression rate but minimal option.

For regular files you can go with Winrar. This is one of the most easy too to compress the files. It does not give high compression ratio, but quiet fine. The pro version I think can help you out to get the right compression ratio. It will not compress the file to highly low size, but at reasonable so that you can share. Data under this not corrupted. As this utility is widely used, you can see maximum attachments are in rar archive. It is stable and reliable. KGB on the other has is unstable high compression tool.

It can press the data to lowest size that you can carry in your usb. But there is risk of getting data corrupted. I will recommend you to check once properly. You can test both the software's and I am sure on of it will help you. Get a license copy of winrar and check back.

I am using Peazip. It is not advance, but good for optimum uses. I was too looking for a high compression software, but there are hardly any tools and there are some but they work on Linux.

Try Stuffit. This is a nice utility that can used for what you are looking for. It needs standard system output. The tool also help you to password lock archive folder, etc. The best part to use this software, is it comes with a inbuilt antivirus scanner. So your data remains secure when you are packing it. Stuffit provides you traditional support to pack your files together. It is a kind of all in one compression software that you can use.

I am not sure how much ration it provides you to compress a heavy file, simply do not expect much. What matters actually is data reliability. Once if you had compressed a 4Gb file and on the other end when you plan to unpack it, then you will face error. That is the place where your data got affected. There are certain encryption service provided in the software which is enough capable of giving you clear security features.

7 zip is the best one. It is used for both purpose. Compressing files to highest ration and making your data reliable. You might have notice drivers files which are mostly a 7 zip archive. You can test this out with highest compression settings.

There is a special tool that comes for multimedia files. It is called as WinHUA. It is a type of high compression software which is used to compress multimedia files. Other than this there is a power gui interface that you can use to configure the archiving utility. I had tested this before when I have to compress small chucks of 500mb video file.

I was able to make them to 40% of actual size. And the data was burned on single cd. The data worked find on extraction. It was not complicated to use it and share the data with others. I will recommend you to test the same at-least once.

For compression software like KGB you need more processing power. This cannot be done on regular system. You need a 64bit system to create minimum sized compressed file.