Thread: How to configure TweetDeck on Windows XP

How to configure TweetDeck on Windows XP

I am looking for some help to use TweetDeck on Windows XP. My friend showed me that on his mobile phone. There is a pc version also available for it. It looks nice to have feeds on the desktop and very easy to manage. I am looking for proper configuration and easy usage. Also I want to know how it works. Does it a resource intensive tool.

Re: How to configure TweetDeck on Windows XP

TweetDeck is a kind of desktop app that help you to manage your twitter feeds easily. If you think that the app will be bit resource intensive then there is a alternative that you can try. You can add this in Google Chrome and check out the interface. The same you will get on your desktop.

It is a very easy to use twitter app made for sharing photos and various stuff. You can simple track the current conversation that is going on. It nicely arranges everything in column base where you can see list of followings and followers. If you are fed up login on twitter and then adding up new updates, you can use this to manage your regular tweets. It is a kind of powerful too for publishers, bloggers, etc. The tool offers you a easy way to promote ample of stuff on twitter.

The application provides you simple interface to manage multiple columns. You can add up a number of people on the list and check tweets every now and then. The application also supports the feature of short url. If you download that on windows there will be a 13mb msi file. You have to download and install the same. You can then click on the icon add your twitter account and simply get all real time feeds on single screen.

Does this app also has facebook integration. I had seen this on wikipedia. There was a paragraph which says, that this app will have a fb intergration to share content on web.

I don't think so. It is made usually for twitter so it will mostly support one platform only. The app comes for smartphones also. You can use the same on Android or iOS platform also. The app offers users to easily manage Twitter. The new version is more improved and better. It is neither complicated nor tough to handle. The configuration is simple. You just have to install it and under Accounts you will need to add your twitter account. And it is also right that the application support Facebook.

You can either add a Twitter account or Facebook account depends on your need. The application can be tested on chrome also. But to use that you have to first create a separate account in TwitterDeck. It does not work with your existing Facebook or twitter login. After adding the account you have to authorize the app so that it can collect feeds. You can add as many column you want. It is quiet very easy to use.

There is a web version of this application. Just type web.tweetdeck.com in your browser and hit enter. You can see the web version which is same as the desktop version. Add your account, manage columns or do whatever you want.

I am using this on my desktop. The only issue with this app is that you cannot put multiple accounts at a time. It just work with single account. Anyhow the app helps you to receive a set of columns. Like Timeline, Interactions, Mentions, Search, Lists, Messages, Trends, Tweets, Favorites, Activity, Home, Me, Inbox and Scheduled. All this columns helps you to collect real time information instantly on your screen. It works smoothly.

For publishers or for marketing people this is a good app you can go for. You do not need to waste your time in opening up browser and then login. TweetDeck work on separate user account. Your twitter account is integrated in that. There is a version for the same available for android phone also. This type of apps are really quiet handy to promote stuff on web via social networking platform.

TweetDeck offers filter option also. This filter option allows you to see only those updates which are based on text content. You can use compose tweet icon also to provide feed easily.

I liked the app because there are some advance features here. It offer a scheduled option by which you can compose the feeds based on time. This is somewhat interesting. So in this way you can upload feeds whenever you want. Quiet a nice way to upload time based feed. Anyhow you can switch from twitter to facebook whenever you want. It is right that there is no way to access multiple account at a single time. But anyhow it is a rich app that can help you to manage multiple feeds instantly.

It is fine for those who likes to update feeds regularly. Feeds are arranged in the form of columns so that you can easy to navigate and collect updates.