Thread: Using Patch My Pc to update Windows system

Using Patch My Pc to update Windows system

My friend gave me a small tool called as Patch My PC. He told me to download and install this in my system so that I can keep my system updated. Does this tool is enough capable of installing fresh update. I do not want to go for a third party support, because there are less they work properly. As per his experience, he found it really helpful. Is anyone using the same. What are your view on it.

Re: Using Patch My Pc to update Windows system

It is a nice tool to avoid manual update process. If you want to keep your system upto date then you can have a look on this software. It works quiet nicely and beneficial for every type of system.

Usually it depends on you choice, whether you want it or not. The software provides you to manage third party applications so that you can stay updated. It is not complicated nor it is difficult to setup. There are around more than 50 application that the software supports. It has a easy interface where it list the software which requirement update. What this software do, is download and install updates for all type of application in your system. Among them is flash player update. Mostly we get the update information from the video we are watching. There is small popup on the screen saying that your player is updated please update. So if you are using this type of tool you do not need to do that manually. Just check the updates in a week and run it. It is a very handy tool. I will recommend this.

The software is nice to give you details of most common updates based on adobe reader, flash player, adobe air, firefox, java, itunes, etc. It is quiet beneficial to use such type of software

From security point of view it is very important to have latest update of your software. Because there are bugs in various applications. And no one has time to go on web to find those bugs. So updates helps you to fix them up. Patch My Pc just automate that process. All software, windows update, etc are listed inside one window and you just need to click and patch it. Patches helps to make your system more stable. Among them all you cannot ignore the browser updates. I had seen Mozilla release notes recently which clearly states the fixes done by recent updates.

So it would be worth to have this tool in your system and it does not take much resource. It is a quiet portable software and free. You do not need to pay for it. The software does not contains any threat and clean to download. Many people worry about free programs, that they comes with malware or spyware. But this tool is completely safe. Updates are quiet important for any application to perform well and also to have new features.

It is a very simple tool to use. There are no complicated button and the download size is just 361kb. Just double click on the .exe file and patch the software marked as net.

It does not matter if you are using any of this tool or not. But it is important that you must update your software. Because it can complicated for everyone to manually find each and every update and then download it. First all we cannot keep a list of all software in our system. Most common is flash, java, adobe, etc. So we get popup on the screen related to new updates.

Anyhow there are chances that you forget to run some updates. Among them windows update is the most important one. I am not telling to install every update, but download run the most recommended one only. Somehow we use plugin on browser which can be infected. At that time the browser receive updates mostly ignored by many. You can keep this tool in your system. It is a direct exe file which does not install in your system. You can also run this from a usb drive.

There are many tools like patch my pc. I think you can use them also. Just keep automatic update on that will keep the install it when you turn off your system.

It looks waste of time. I had seen as you keep on updating your system, it became more slower. For windows update you can choosy but for flash and java stuff run the same. Every now then we can see a update popup message on our screen. So that is the way you can run update and I am sure you really do not need such tools.

As it is portable then you can give a try. There is a similar tool that comes in Lenovo systems. It is called a ThinkVintage. This software helps you to download and install updates automatically even when not needed.

I am using Patch My PC. It is a nice software. There are not complicated settings. But it depends on your choice whether you want to keep your system updated or not.