Thread: What are the improvements in new Office 2011 Update

What are the improvements in new Office 2011 Update

What are the new improvements in Office 2011 Update. I do not have internet, and I got information at my office that new update for Office 2011 is out. If there is any important security bug then I can download that and will run, but if there are basic improvements then better I would ignore the same. Any help on the same is appreciated.

Re: What are the improvements in new Office 2011 Update

Run the update. They are for the betterment. Updates not only close security bugs but also provide new improvements. Every new update that is released by Microsoft gives you more better enhancement. It is also recommended for your software reliability.

I can give you a short output on what the new update has. The update version is 2011 14.2. You can also manually download that and run it. I am using skydrive and found that it has more improvement for it. That is the reason I installed this updates. If you are using skydrive then you have the following benefits. First after running the updates users get access to skydrive root folders. I am not sure how this is going to help but looks like some good news. Next I had noticed that you can now drag files directly inside the shared folder. This was not available before. Some of the errors that usually people face on skydrive upload is removed. There are some lingual benefits which I do not think is any important for you. I am not aware about others, but I found this on a small extract of rss that I received at the time of updates. I hope this can put highlight that whether you must go for the update or not.

There are certain changes for outlook. I had read that Microsoft site but forget the actual link. If you are using outlook in your system I will advice you to go for the update. Do not ignore it.

I do not go for update basically. Because I had notice that it makes the software more slow. I had last time updated the system it added some new feature. I really do not need that. I update that occasionally when needed. And for Mac system I think there is no need to have daily update. When update are released you are notified for the same. You can find the information of update on Microsoft site. They provide indepth details of what changes will be done to your system. Yet there are not errors nor there is any crash issue. The update version 2011 14.2 offer you better output for Outlook. It gives you additional option so that mac users can store their personal information also. Like adding up their contacts details and other information. Along with that if you are using outlook express then it is must to download the update. It improves the stability of email client. If you are dealing with outlook crash then after updating it will be stable. Along with the stability the update also fixes database. I do not think there is any additional stuff other than this.

I keep then on automatic mode. Once they are in they are updated. It is recommended to run regular updates. I am not on mac but still recommend to go for the same.

There are minor fixes for PowerPoint and word. I had gone through a kb article. According to the article after running the update the function to copy paste hyperlinks in Microsoft will be improved. Before this I had never noticed any issue with that. Second the same is applicable for paste special. So if you are facing any issue related to cpy pasting hyperlinks in outlook the you can go for the update. Other than this there are some fixes related to co-others which really does not matter. One important thing that I had found is after running the update you can view PowerPoint on full view on lion system. And for Word you can print and fax pdf files more properly. In short if you need some new feature you can go for the update. Or else you can stick with the regular use. There is nothing major in update.

The update is just 110MB. It is not that much big. You can download it. It is not require to have internet connection on your system. You can also download that in a usb and then check back.

What I found that this update is basically for making outlook more stable. There are less support provided for office applications. The list that I saw which showed changes after running the update mostly target outlook. Like improvement in imap account system, gmail synchronization, exchange sync, calender improvements, etc. This is a small update with fixes and feature. According to me this is not so important. You can run the same some other time also. But one thing I agree that there are ample of bug fixes by this. It will make your office more stable.

One thing I will agree that after running the update you are able to view office files on full screen. This was not provided before. I hope the upcoming updates can give more better features like this.