Thread: Harmony Desktop Software slow to log on and times out

Harmony Desktop Software slow to log on and times out

This is my first harmony remote for my desktop computer in order to use it within my personal room. To be frank I was not having any idea about this remote and also about its setup but however I managed to install the software into my desktop computer. Now the software works but I guess its not working the way it should be. There are certain abnormal things that I have noticed which are very much annoying.

Problems like getting login message with session time out error. Also sometimes while login in it takes a long time for the process to get complete. Over all I personally feel that the problem is mostly getting relate to the internet connection but when I checked my internet connection I found that my internet speed nowhere seems to be a problem. I have a well reputed router that I am using from past 1 year and also I never noticed my internet speed going below the normal rate so I am sure that at least my internet connection is not being the reason for everything. But then the question arises is that, what could be the main problem? Can anyone answer to this question? There might be at least someone who must be facing this exact similar issue please help.

Re: Harmony Desktop Software slow to log on and times out

I have tried the Harmony software in almost all of my different desktop computers. When I bought the remote the first machine in which I installed the software was a windows 7 system. After the installation when I tried updating the software I got lots of problem with the session time out error. I still do not have any idea why I was being logged out with session time out error without any error. Believing that this could be OS compatibility issue I tried the same software on another OS with complete different machine I.e. Windows XP. Even this had the same problem. This time I thought that the problem could be with the windows system so therefore the third time I tired my hands Mac OS X 10.7.4. Again felt at the same place. If we combine both yours and my R&D I can easily say that the problem has nothing to do with the internet connection nor it has to do with the computer system. It is purely due to that software. I am sure the software is buggy or has some error that is causing the remote not to work properly.

I am really frustrated with the issue. let me tell you that I had a worst experience with Logitech, this is my 2nd harmony 900 remote and looks like soon I am going to switch to the 3rd one but I wont let this to happen as I have already decided that if this one goes off then I will stop using Logitech devices. Whenever I go on to make any changes on my remote it takes almost an hour to implement that change. Quite irritating. Every time the update takes place automatically and searches for the latest version. Believing that the update would be productive I simply let the process to get completely but then later on everything fells in a negative site. The software run too slow with each process going slowly.

Act before things go worse. I did faced the same problem but I didn’t kept quite the first think I did was called up the Logitech Tech Support and explained them the issue. I was happy to get a quick response from them; as soon as I told them the problem without wasting the time they simply told me that there is some problem with the software. They also told me that they are looking into the issue and soon they will be up with a proper fix for the bug. Hopefully by next update they will get proper working software. Do not use the current version as its faulty.

As already said above the problem has nothing to do with the computer system or Operating system. The harmony server is the only one that is causing the trouble. I am not sure but I guess the harmony servers are overloading which is not allowing the new users or the updated users to say in for a longer time giving the time out error. a normal cannot do anything to get the problem resolved, its only Logitech who has to solve the issue. I do not mind even if Logitech take a long time to get it fixed as I believe them the most. I am a genuine user of harmony remote from past 5 years. I have been facing such slow issue number of times but that doesn’t really hampered my works or anything so I have no problem if then take their own time to get things at their place.

Hey I did have the same problem but you won’t believe even after facing so much problem I managed to update the remote successfully. I am using a Logitech 880 and all the time I tried to update the remote, I use to get the same session time out error like other. Here are the steps that helped me to get my problem sorted out.

• Firstly turned my remote into safe mode by rebooting it
    • Then with the help of the USB connected the remote to the desktop PC
    • After that I reinstalled the firmware update of the Desktop software. After the firmware update I updated the remote preferences from the Logitech desktop