Thread: What is Layercake in Photoshop

What is Layercake in Photoshop

What is layercake in Photoshop. I got a mail which says that it can help me to create more artistic images by modifying the image layers. I checked inside Photoshop there is no option like that available. Is this feature is available in any new version. I had seen a video on YouTube. The videos shows how to modify image background with the help of this tool. That was done very fluently. I am not able to determine the right option to use this on my system. Please help me to find it.

Re: What is Layercake in Photoshop

You got that wrong. It is not a Photoshop feature it is different software which is actually made for those who are in web development. It allows you to play with your images more properly. The applications is actually designed for web designers who are struggling to get the right icon images with appropriate background layer. The software can be used for regular images also. The settings provided in Photoshop gives you minimal output, but the same can be done properly in layer cake. I will recommend you to visit the official site of this software which will guide you for the right process. Layer cake helps to work with image layers. You export the layer groups from Photoshop in image format and then merge them to create a good psd files. You can find information on this applications on Mac store. I heard that there is some kind of discount offered on it. I think this is worth to buy if you are manipulating images. Unfortunately there is no trail version available for testing purpose.

It is a set of high layers files. The layers can be exported from Photoshop. You will have to use Photoshop along with this. It only works with the layers and I cannot see any better image modifying option here.

It is good for icons and other files. To be frank this is only for web developers who are working on psd files. For example if a person needs to provide set of icons for a downloading site. He needs to create them and then optimize them for the website work. The icons are mostly png files which take the site background. With layer cake the background can be optimized more. It is designed to give easy background design options and make your work better. You can then export all the graphics directly in readable format and put them on your site. It is mostly designed to work with layers only. There are no special benefit you can take for enhancing the images. You have to use Photoshop then to make the final image. I had tested this app and recommend if you are in professional work of designing web graphics. Or else stick with Photoshop only for image enhancement and manipulation.

I do not agree with you. LayerCake is for everyone. For those who deal with professional photography. You can simply improve your photo to much extent. You can check the officials site where some dummy images are posted. It helps you to improve your image more.

There is a free demo of this tool that you can try. It is on on the official site. The size of demo is 297mb. That is quiet enough and you can test the instantly. I will advice you to download and test it out first. LayerCake is a tool that works in collaboration with Photoshop. To some extent this does not work independently, because you will have to find layers files first and the merge them together with artistic looks. LayerCakes comes with tons of collections of image and enhancement. There is store tab on the site which shows different edition. The edition comes with some set of backgrounds. Like the first one that I saw is Classic Rides Backgrounds which comes for $79.00. In the same way there are other numbers of backgrounds also. That is actually fine when you get some set of images for testing purpose. If you are having more doubts on this tool then you check the tutorial section also.

After going to this thread I found this tool as interesting. In Photoshop you mostly play with the existing layers. There are less chances to play with other images. Also the images needed to be properly optimized so that they can fit the actual image. I hope there is something related to that. By the way how this works actually.

LayerCake is very easy to use. You just need to insert the set of times you want. You can simply drag them and put on the screen. It adjust the background automatically. I had seen some tutorials video on the official site which showed up awesome option. It smartly manages the layer overlapping. It simply adjust the front image and fit the background automatically. So here you do not need to crop or check the edges or get trouble about anything. The tool handle everything on its own. It is design for professional and for those who manipulate images on hobby basis. Get a trial first and then test it. I do not think you will need Photoshop for that. This can be used for advance purpose.

The more it looks complicated them much easier it is. You can simple control the background and make it easier for usage. I had found it a helpful for those who work on web graphics psd files.

For me the tool just for modifying the background is costly. You can do the same in thing in Photoshop also. I am working on Photoshop for years and found that is more beneficial and easy to use. I had tested a number of images on that and it is quiet fine. You can simply get easy to merge layers file from web also. The price that is mentioned looks high. Don't you think this is bit overpriced. What if we do not need those background images. I am using a different software which is only for editing the layers. It is not so good but can give basic support. Compared to that Photoshop looks more appropriate.