Thread: Ripping dvds with handbrake stops

Ripping dvds with handbrake stops

I am using handbrake to rip dvds on my system. My friend give me his bunch of movie disc. He wants them back after a week, and I want to copy them all on my pc hard drive. I installed handbrake for that. When I rip dvds it work but it halt on 85%. And then it does not move further. Can anyone help me how can make this thing work out. Does the issue lies with software or with the movies dvd I have.

Re: Ripping dvds with handbrake stops

Handbrake is a good tool. There might be issue with the settings. Check the frame rate at which you are ripping those dvd's. Second thing if those movies disc are copy right protected then you cannot rip them. Because this software does not supports protected dvd ripping. And also it will be illegal to share the same with others. The most you can do here is use DVD cloner to create a copy of those disc and use them only for your personal use. If those disc are drm protected them in my views do not go for any copy or ripping tool. If this is not the issue then one more thing can create trouble. DVD lens, it might be not proper. You can check that playing a dvd movie. If you can see high video load time or laggy video then you will need to arrange a new dvd writer for the same.

One thing that you need to do is to give a output format so that the video ripped must be appropriate. I by default use mkv file format and it works fine. The ripping does not creates any issue. It looks that the problem lies with output format. Ensure that you are having the right coded install in your system.

Why don't you try a different ripper in place of this. That might help you. If you do not want to use you can simply test and find out that either the issue lies with the hardware or at the software level. There is a tool for that and it is called as Magic DVD Ripper. It is quiet easy to use also. The tool offer you direct conversion of the dvd file to various readable format. Like mpeg, mp3 audio, or avi. It depends on your need what format you need. The best is to go for avi as it is readable by any video player. The tool normally stuck in between because of poor codec or converting quality. The hardware can also responsible for that. There is one more thing that you can do. You can try using VLC Player for that. VLC is the best ripper in my choice.

I will advice you to check the dvds first. I think some of them would be damaged or there might scratches on them. Because of which you are facing the problem.

Here are some points that can be responsible for your issue. First the source that you had provided might not be proper. Second your disc is copy right protected. Handbreak does not support drm protected disk encoding. Third the disk is broken or there are scratches on it. And if all this things are not applicable for you issue, then I will advice you to re-install handbrake or switch to any different software of your choice.