Thread: Is it safe to use Sticky Password Pro 6

Is it safe to use Sticky Password Pro 6

While searching on web for a good password manager I found a free tool called as Sticky Password Pro 6. There are two version of this software. One is free and other one is Pro version which on sale for $29.99. I am planing to use the free version to find out how it actually works. I just need help to decide that is this tool safe to use for password management.

Re: Is it safe to use Sticky Password Pro 6

I had not used this but after going through a number of review and test I found that it can be a reliable tool. You do not need to worry much on that. The software can save your password properly. They are not easily exposed. It is quiet irritating to use a common password or to manage multiple password today. You need some kind of tool that can control and help your passwords. This software comes with many type of encryption stuff. This encryption thing is added directly to your database because of which it is not easy to crack. The encryption is powerful enough to avoid virus attack also. You can add a single password on this software and keep a track of all your website login credentials. If you do not want to install you can carry this in your pen drive also. That means a portable version. You can simply connect the usb and access your information. So here you do not need to rely on your browser for your password storage. Along with other features the software also help you to generated strong password. It has a simple interface and I will recommend you to test this one by downloading the free version.

I had used this tool it is fine. You can give a try. The best part that I want to share is easy navigation. There are no tons of features to confuse you but only those which you will need. It has simple categories on the left like quick access, web accounts, app accounts, bookmarks, identities and secure memos.

If you need a simple tool then Sticky Password is good. But there are other advance tool also which comes with high end security support. As password are important and you cannot just let this leak. I do not keep my passwords inside a software. I had tested around top 5 tools for this. Among them the best which I like was Roboform. This tool works with your browser. That means when you login it records the password. So every time you do need to add a entry in your password manager. I found this tool very flexible. It automatically gives you password auto complete in browser window. Also it help you to create encrypted notes and safe storage. You can take a backup of your password which are only read by this tool. One more that I found nice was SplashID. This is a good password manager which is mostly use don Mac system. A similar version is found on Windows also. You can use this software to sync the password with your mobile phone also. This software support almost all kind of mobile operating system. It uses AES encryption which can generate automatic password for you. You can then sync the phone to get a backup and restore it easily. This software features more customization.

Many worry that if the software database is hacked you loose your password. Stick Password is good in this case. It gives a secure storage solution for your information. This cannot be accessed or read by any application. The whole database is locked by AES-256 algorithm. This is the default algorithm this tool uses.

One thing that is better to use password manager in compare to auto complete is security. In auto-complete your password can be accessed easily. While in password manager the database lies encrypted.

I too agree that a good password manager is a need today. I am tech savy guy and love to register on number of forums. I also test many browser and it is very irritating for me to keep track of all new password. I had set the auto complete on for all browser. Last time some one has used my account to post false comments. At that time I thought to use a new password manager. What matters is the security of your password. Till yet I had noticed that the software is cool and your information is not access by everyone. What matters the inbuilt security so that your stored password is not corrupted nor it is removed due to infection.