Thread: Unable to print colored screenshots in word 2010

Unable to print colored screenshots in word 2010

My system is running windows xp and I am having a weird issue with word 2010. The issue is that I am not able to take any colored screenshots, the text and Clip Art gets printed fine in color but the problem is just when I am taking screenshots. Even though I am able to see everything in preview I just get a blank document after printing screenshot. I don’t know if there is something wrong with the printer or the word. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has any idea about this??

Re: Unable to print colored screenshots in word 2010

It’s hard to guess whether this is an issue with your printer or word 2012 but then there are some workarounds that you can try to find out the same. Which feature you are using fort taking screenshot? I mean is it Word's screenshot feature or Word's screen clip feature. If you have not tried out them then give it a try and let me know if it is helping. You can also try changing Display setting and see if that’s making any difference in your case. Just check out what I have suggested and let me know what you get so that I have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Before i suggest you anything I just wanted to know that have you tried using different printer?? I am not very sure but then to narrow down the cause of this problem you can give it a try. If you are not having some other printer currently then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver for your printer. When you do so make sure that you are updating to the latest available driver. I also wanted to know that are you just having this issue with word 2010 or you are facing same while taking normal printouts of images as well?? Is this issue with some specific file or with all the word files in your case?? Let me know these things for further help.

I have tried using Word's screenshot feature as well as Word's screen clip feature but then they are not appearing to be making difference. They are not printing colored screenshots. After your suggestion I have tried using "Print drawings created in Word" as well as "Print background colors and images" settings but I am still not having any luck here. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling whole Microsoft office in my case as well but no matter what I am trying it is not making any difference. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the printer as it is printing other documents, images, ppt’s fine without any such issues. I have tried using other printer as well and have got same response from it, I have tried updating the printer driver to the latest just to find out what exactly is causing the issue. This issue is just not with some specific files but it is with all word files having images inserted in them. Is there anything else that I can try out further?? Further help regarding this will be highly appreciative.

I have come across some people facing same issue, I will like to inform you that this issue is with the extension of the image which you might have inserted in word document. The solutions that you have tried so far won’t make any difference in your case. If you want then you can try concerting the image to some other extension and see if you are having any luck with it. If not then you can try converting the file in to PDF, you can do that by Use File>Save & Send>Create PDF/XPS document and convert the same to .pdf format and for printing open it up in Adobe and print from there. You can also create a .pdf file with those images and pint them using Adobe.