Thread: How to get rid of corrupted cache file in Dreamweaver

How to get rid of corrupted cache file in Dreamweaver

Just after few days installing Dreamweaver it started acting weird. Whenever I am trying to open any document it gives me an error something related to cache files. Same thing happens when I try to insert any picture. I have no idea why is this happening. It also gives me an error many times while saving any document.

What is related to cache file ? If it is corrupted please let me know how to fix. Thanks.

Re: How to get rid of corrupted cache file in Dreamweaver

Quote Originally Posted by Harij View Post
    Just after few days installing Dreamweaver it started acting weird. Whenever I am trying to open any document it gives me an error something related to cache files. Same thing happens when I try to insert any picture. I have no idea why is this happening. It also gives me an error many times while saving any document.
    Same thing happing to me as well, I am getting JavaScript error something like this:
    InitializeUI is not found error
    While executing onLoad in somefile.js JavaScript Error appeared.
    While executing onOpen in somefile.js JavaScript Error appeared.
    <!-- Search: somename, server behavior is not found
    I dont have any idea about this error. While discussing about the same, some of my friends suggested me to re-install Dreamweaver but i dont want to do it because it would be more painful for me. Other than this, is there any solution to fix this error ?

yes, probably your cache files are corrupted and hence you guys are facing these problems. in order to fix, just go through this:

Open my Computer and go to C:\ drive.
    Open program files and locate Adobe Folder.
    Now open Dreamweaver folder and than open Configuration folder
    Here you will find a file named WinFileCachexxx.dat (xxx are some numbers). Just delete this file and you are done.

There are many users facing various kinds of problems with Dreamweaver and most of them use to be related to the cache files. Deleting this solves all such erros but many users dont know how to actually delete them. Specially on various platforms such Xp, Vist, Windows 7, Mac os etc because all platforms have different locations for doing the same. Hence i thought to share the locations for deleting cache file in Dreamweaver if its corrupted.

In Window XP

Dreamweaver 8
    • Documents and Settings then [User Name] after that Application Data then go to the Macromedia look for Dreamweaver 8 and find Configuration and delete winfilecache-xxxxxxxx.dat

Dreamweaver CS3
    • Go to the Documents and Settings then the [User Name] look for the Application Data in there Adobe folder that must be having Dreamweaver 9 in it Configuration delete winfilecache-xxxxxxxx.dat

Dreamweaver CS4
    • Same thing as above till the Adobe folder then looks for the Dreamweaver CS4 find en_US you will see the Configuration folder delete the winfilecache-xxxxxxxx.dat

Now in the Widows Vista and Windows 7(Locations for Vista are similar to Windows 7 )

Dreamweaver 8
    • Go to the Users folder and looks for the [User Name] folder , looks for the AppData , you will be seeing the Roaming folder . then there will be Macromedia in there you will see the Dreamweaver 8 folder and there is located the Configuration folder fine winfilecache delete that

Dreamweaver CS3
    • Same till you reach up to the Roaming folder after that go to the Adobe the to the Dreamweaver 9 there you will find Configuration folder and in there you will find winfilecache delete that

Dreamweaver CS4
    • Same till you reach up to the Adobe then go to the Dreamweaver CS4 after that en_US you will see the Configuration in there you will find the winfilecache delete that

For the Mac OS X the file name will be MacFileCache-xxxxxxxx.dat. here is how you will delete the MacFileCache

Dreamweaver 8
    • Go to the Hard disk than the Users, there will be the Library in that you will see the Application Support , go to the Macromedia locate the Dreamweaver 8 folder and in it you will find Configuration delete the MacFileCache from there

Dreamweaver CS3
    • The process will be same till the Application Support folder and then look for the folder name Adobe there you will be Dreamweaver 9 in it Configuration delete the MacFileCache from there

Dreamweaver CS4
    • Process will be same till the Adobe folder and then look for the folder name Dreamweaver CS4 , there will be en_US in it there will be Configuration delete the MacFileCache from there