Thread: Dreamweaver CS5 not working on Mac OS X Lion

Dreamweaver CS5 not working on Mac OS X Lion

I am having a desktop pc running on Mac OS X Lion. Due to some improatnt work i installed Adobe Dreamweaver Creative Suite 5.5. Installation went fine but dont know why Dreamweaver crashes after couple of minutes. Yesterday I just started it and it crashed on the startup itself. I tried running Dreamweaver multiple times, and always the same result.

Is it happening because I have installed LION ? I mean isn't it compatible with LION ? I am unable to understand what the problem is please need some urgent help.

Re: Dreamweaver CS5 not working on Mac OS X Lion

Yes, there is something like that. According to a report, when we upgrade or system to OS X Lion there are few extensions that wont install properly and it results in crash. But you dont need to worry as Adobe is working on patch that is said to fix such issues via update manager. So i'll suggest you to try updating your system and see if you get the said patch.

You can easily update from the stand alone computer from the Adobe Site or just click this link to directly download it to your computer Extension Manager Update. Just update the extension manager and the problem will be solved for you.

There are some system requirements that you have to take care. You should be using Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6, 10.7, 1 GB RAM is sufficient but 2GB RAM is what I recommend you for smooth functioning of your Dreamweaver as it requires lot of memory space to work on. Just take care that you have sufficient amount of RAM and memory space or else your system will become considerably slow.

Re: Dreamweaver CS5 not working on Mac OS X Lion

You will be required to delete files in your home directory preferences. Mac OX Lion keeps all the files and products hidden in the library folder. Most of the Adobe files are stored in the Mac Library folder which even includes the preferences, settings and other customization applications. You can view the Library folder in Mac OS X Lion by following means.
    There are two methods to access the hidden user library files:

Method 1
    • Choose “Go” in the Finder and then choose “Go To Folder”
    • In the “Go To Folder” dialog, type ~/Library and Click “Go”.

Method 2
    • By the use of this method your user Library folder will be permanently visible, so it is recommend that you use the first Method.
    • Click on “Mac HD” then “Applications” and then “Utilities” this will launch a terminal
    • In the Terminal you will have to type the following command.
      Code:
      chflags nohidden ~/Library

If you are prompted for System Administration password then just type it and press “Return”
    While using the above two methods remember that using the “~ (tilde)” sign is very important. If you don’t use the tilde sign the user library won’t open instead library in your system disk will open. Once the user library opens delete all the Adobe files and folders. Reboot your system and check if you are still facing the same problem. I am sure this will solve the problem.