Thread: After updating to Smartware v1.5.4.5, Backup and Retrieve tabs are grayed out

After updating to Smartware v1.5.4.5, Backup and Retrieve tabs are grayed out

Hello friends I am using Western digital Smartware software in my computer for my My Passport Essential and it was working properly in my system. suddenly it has started giving me problems. Earlier i was able to use the backup and retrieve tab in Smartware software but after updating the Smartware software to version 1.5.4.5 it has started giving me problems. not backup and retrieve tabs are no longer available.

i have tried to get rid of this problem by removing the Western digital Smartware software from my system and then installing it again but after reinstalling the Western digital Smartware software also i am still experiencing the same issue if anyone have solved this problem then let me know thank you in advance.

re: After updating to Smartware v1.5.4.5, Backup and Retrieve tabs are grayed out

Well there is no need to reinstall the ED Smartware software. As far as i know you just need to click on the hard drive icon in new version (You can find Hard drive icon on Home tab) and once you select the drive icon you have to check whether both tab which was grayed out are activate now or not?. Let me know if it dint worked.

re: After updating to Smartware v1.5.4.5, Backup and Retrieve tabs are grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Well there is no need to reinstall the ED Smartware software. As far as i know you just need to click on the hard drive icon in new version (You can find Hard drive icon on Home tab) and once you select the drive icon you have to check whether both tab which was grayed out are activate now or not?. Let me know if it dint worked.
    Yes in my computer after upgrading the Smartware I was also experiencing the same problem. Later i came to know that we have to first select the drive icon in the home tab to make all other tabs available. Now after that I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved. You can also try this trick.