Thread: cant execute file C:\Program Files\CamStudio 2.6b\Recorder.exe

cant execute file C:\Program Files\CamStudio 2.6b\Recorder.exe

I have just downloaded CamStudio 2.6 (beta) on my system running on windows vista and have installed the same successfully as well but when I am trying to open it then I get the below error message:
    unable to execute file C:\Program Files\CamStudio 2.6b\Recorder.exe
    CreateProcess failed; code 14001
    The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
    is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

I have uninstalled and installed the same a couple of times but whenever I am trying to open camstudio-2.6-beta then I am welcomed with the same error message. Is there anyone having any idea about this?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: cant execute file C:\Program Files\CamStudio 2.6b\Recorder.exe

I think that there might be some kind of compatibility issue, since you are running windows 7 you can go to the below link and find it out.
    Windows 7 compatibility center
    If you want then you can try running CamStudio 2.6 Recorder.exe file in compatibility mode, for that you need to follow the below steps:
    Go to start> Control Panel> Programs and then click on “Use an older program with this version of Windows.” You can also right click on exe file select Properties click on compatibility tab and select one of the Compatibility modes in the drop down box. Make sure that you are saving and applying the changes that you might make.
    Just check these things out and post back the response you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

I am not very sure if this will work or not but it is quite simple and will take some seconds to give a try. You just have to right click on the programs exe file and select “run as administrator”. When you select it then you will be prompted for entering the admin username and password, so just enter them and proceed. Just give it a try and let me know what you get.

Hey even I am facing similar issue but not exactly the same. I have downloaded CamStudio 2.6 (beta) and have installed it as well, even I did not had any issues with the installation but when I am trying to open it then I am getting the below error message:
    C:\Program Files\CamStudio 2.6b\Recorder.exe
    CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
    This application as failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I have tried running it as admin but I am still getting the same error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CamStudio 2.6 several times but no matter what I am trying I am getting the same error message again and again. Is there anything else that I need to check out or anything that I can try out further???

Since you have installed CamStudio 2.6b it needs Microsoft C++ 2008 runtime libraries, I think you system might be missing the same. So just get it from the below link.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    After downloading Microsoft C++ 2008 runtime, uninstall CamStudio 2.6, install Microsoft C++ 2008 runtime and after that reinstall CamStudio. Just let me know if installing Microsoft C++ 2008 is helping you to get rid of the error.