Thread: Skype sound quality is very bad to any person I am talking to on iphone

ohmy Skype sound quality is very bad to any person I am talking to on iphone

I am using an iphone and from some days skype is not working properly, I mean when I am calling someone using skype then he/she is not able to hear me clearly. There are weird noises, the sound quality is just very bad. I have crossed check out the same with my other friends and they have reported the same. I don’t know what the issue all about is, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this? In the start I thought that there might be some connection issue from their end but it not as all my friends cannot have such connection issue at the same time. I am able to hear them properly when they are calling me using skype but it is just that they cannot hear me when i am calling them.

Re: Skype sound quality is very bad to any person I am talking to on iphone

Your issue seems to be weird, anyways I wanted to know that have you tried uninstalling and installing Skype from your iphone?? If not then try out the same and see if the issue is getting solved. If you want then you can download latest version of skype and install it in your phone. I have come across people having such issues before as well and most of them were able to sort it out by switching to older version or newer version of skype. Just try it out and let me know if you are getting any help from the same, if you have any further issues with it then feel free to ask.

I've had this same problem as before, but mine was connection-related and had my ISP fix it for me. But there are times that it's not connection-related and I'm having some sort of interference from other electronic devices that's why the sound quality becomes so bad. I usually just go outside of that said room and the sound quality gets fixed for some reason.

Which version of skype are you using?? Actually even I was facing the same some days ago when using iPhone 4S. In my case I was using skype 3.0, later after updating to version 3.6.1 had solved out the sound quality issue. I think version 3.6.1 is the best for iphones, just switch to the same and I am quite sure it will help you out as well. You might think that there might be some issue going on with your network provider but I will like to inform you that it isn’t that. I had thought of the same and had contacted them , they just said that they were not able to reproduce this issue at their end neither other people had reported about it.

I will suggest you to better update to 5.0 or higher version of skype as it is newer. I have still found people complaining about sound quality with version 3.6.1. I am not saying you will face the same but when latest version is available then why stick to one of the older version? Just install skype 5.0 or higher first. If you face any issue with it then you can very well downgrade to 3.6.1 or any other version that you might desire. Best of luck.