Thread: Text losing its formatting while copying and pasting in windows 7

Text losing its formatting while copying and pasting in windows 7

I know am too late but have recetly upgraded my system to Windows 7 . Anyways, everything is working fine in this new OS on my system few application where i need to copy/paste text. I mean when i copy any sentence from any browser, or above CS products and paste it in ms word, the copied text use to change its colors, fonts, etc. Similarly if i copy the text from Ms word, my clipboard also copies the fonts and formatting of the nearby text.

This is only happening with text. There is no problem while copying or pasting just any image. For example, if i copied any image along with few text, while pasting it then the text gets pasted in unformatted manner and the image disappears. Is there anyone else who faced the same issue or is it just me ? Could anyone help me out of this ?

Re: Text is losing its formatting while copying and pasting in windows 7

There may be multiple reasons for this cause. Can you tell me if this problem occurs always OR just while using any particular application or program ? Did you recently added any software or removed any software and since then you think the issue might have started?

Also as you said you have just upgraded to Windows 7, is this problem since start or you started facing it later ? If it started later, better try a system restore. It may work. Also i would like to know which Ms office version are you using? AFAIK there is a paste drop-down menu for selecting and controlling the format. So here when you move the mouse over this option you can check out the format there. I think that one can retain the paste formatting if it is not changed.

If you still get the same problem after doing all these, better make a new admin user account on your system and try to copy/paste any text or image. See if you are getting the same problem.

Thanks a lot for your prompt help 'celestiall'. As you asked, I am using latest Ms Office 2010, i dint made any changes in my system. but yeah, i have just installed Skype for video calling and as my keyboard mouse were too old, i changed replaced them with new one.

As you said i tried restoring my system to very first restore point (that was before installing skype and new keyboard/mouse) but it gives me an error saying "the restore attempt failed because of an 'unspecified error' ".

Now what ? Is there anything else i can do to fix it ? Also i have tried changing the user account as well but still the same problem. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-Doy View Post
    i dint made any changes in my system. but yeah, i have just installed Skype for video calling and as my keyboard mouse were too old, i changed replaced them with new one.
    That is the culprit i guess. While searching web, i found many user facing problem with the latest skype version. They say that the latest version of skype is breaking the copy paste functionality in Office 2010 products such as Excel and Word, mostly on Vista and Windows 7. So, i would suggest you to better give a try by uninstalling the skype. If you have any doubt about this, simply search "Skype Plugging break Excel 2010 Copy/Paste Functionality" on Google and you will get your answer.