Thread: How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Right now am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running on Android honeycomb 3.1. It has internal memory of 32 GB and 1 GHz Dual ARM core processor. I would like to know if I can install Windows 8 Consumer Preview in this tab ?

And if it can be installed please let me know how to install it and if it cannot be installed then let me know what I can do next. Thanks.

Re: How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

No it is not possible to install Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Reason behind this is to install windows 8 on any table it should at least have 86x processor whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has ARM processor. Hence, i think it is not compatible to run Windows 8.

You can install Windows 8 Consumer preview in some of the tablets which has more than 86x processor. But I think that you will have to wait until they make windows 8 compatible for ARM processor as well.

No it is not possible. You cannot install Windows 8 on Galaxy Tab 10.1. That is because of different OS platform. You can go ahead with installing new version of Android OS on Galaxy Tab but when it comes to Windows things are different. You can install Windows on those tablet which support boot from usb. And here Galaxy Tab does not. Different devices built on Windows and Android platform does not really work with each other. I will not recommend you to follow any procedure on web. You can loose your tablet.

To run Windows you need a Intel architecture. Like Asus Fonepad a recently launched tablet comes with Intel cpu in it. Installing Windows on this one is possible. But not on Galaxy Tab. In in future Samsung released a tablet with Intel processor then surely you can go ahead and install Windows on the same. If you want a windows type look then you can try using some launcher or theme from Google Play.