Thread: Best Desktop Search Utilities

Best Desktop Search Utilities

Now a day there are so many Desktop Search Utilities in the market so I am also confused which one is the best. Till now I am just aware of few of them such as InSight Desktop utilities, Snow Bird, Locate32, Agent Ransack, Everything Search, Windows Grep, Search My Files. So I would like to know which is the best and if any more Search Utilities are there please let me know.

Re: Best Desktop Search Utilities

Hey bro you have not mentioned about Copernic Desktop Search. As it is one of the best Search utility, very experienced and impartial product. Am using the same since year. Copernic Desktop Search was using network shares but now they are only available with pro and corporate versio. Also only after 3.0 version. Now Copernic has the latest updated to version 3.4. You should try this out, am sure you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cale View Post
    Now a day there are so many Desktop Search Utilities in the market so I am also confused which one is the best. Till now I am just aware of few of them such as InSight Desktop utilities, Snow Bird, Locate32, Agent Ransack, Everything Search, Windows Grep, Search My Files. So I would like to know which is the best and if any more Search Utilities are there please let me know.
    As per me I think Yahoo! Desktop Search is the best. It search very quickly. It also use to search what’s inside of the files or folders. It has a very amazing interface, if you want to search anything like email, files, documents, music, etc. you can directly search them from the tabs at the top of the screen.

The best thing I love about this is when you start typing anything in the search box it shows you the related results highlighted at the bottom. And if you click on any file you will see the content/preview of that file next to it.

I feel the best search utility is Google Desktop search. It has a standard desktop search and also it has many more different features then all others. For example, there is a sidebar where you can keep any of the widgets. It can also combine with Google web search. And most important it can combine with your Google services like gmail, gtalk etc.

But yes it has some kind of small drawbacks like it won’t be giving you real time results and nor it will give you full preview of any file as given by yahoo. But yes let me tell you one thing that Google Desktop Search does not works with 64-bit. And if you wish to install it on 64-bit you will have to use some kind of commands and you will also not get all the features which you will be getting in 32-bit.