Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to copy Outlook calendar

Windows Software

Old 05-06-2012

How to copy Outlook calendar

I am using Outlook from past 3-4 months. Due to some problems now i need to format my computer. But my outlook calendar is having lots of data, appointments, etc hence i need to backup/copy my Outlook calendar so that i wont miss anything. Now as am new to outlook i dont know how to take backup of the same. Could you please help me know how can i copy Outlook Calendar ??

Old 05-06-2012

Re: How to copy Outlook calendar

If you are using 2007 Outlook than it is a very simple task to do:
  • First you will have to open Outlook 2007, now click on File and select Import and Export option.
  • Here click on Export to a file and click Next.
  • It will ask you to select the file type which you would like to save the backup.
  • Note: If you just want to keep the file in Outlook format then you will have to select "Personal Folder File (.pst)." You can also select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 if you would like to save your file in Excel sheet or you can also select Microsoft Access 97-2003 if you want to save the file in Access.
  • Once selecting the file format click OK.
  • After you have done all these things you will have to click on Calendar in the next window.
  • Click Next. Now select a location where you will like to save the file by clicking on Browse option.
  • Just click on Finish option after you have saved your file to the selected location.

Hope this helped you out.
Old 05-06-2012

Thanks for the step by step process, appreciated. I'll surely try doing that. I would also like to know how to Copy Outlook Calendar with scheduling information. Could you please let me know the same ?
Old 06-06-2012

Just follow the below steps to Copy Outlook Calendar:

Step1: You need to click on Folder list on the View menu just to show the Folder List.
Step2: Now just click on Calendar.
Step3: In Calendar select File menu and then click on New.
Step4: In the Name box you will have to type the name of your new folder and then click OK.

This will create a new folder with the copy of your backup in Calendar folder. Now as you have asked about Copying Outlook Calendar with scheduling information, here are the steps for the same:

Step1: Click on Folder list on the View menu just to show the Folder List.
Step2: Now right click on Calendar and then click on Copy Calendar.
Step3: Now in Copy Folder box you will have to select a folder in which you would like to copy your calendar and after doing hat you will have to click OK.
Step4: Now just rename your folder and you can drag it to Calendar.

I hope you have understood these steps.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,