Thread: How to Remove Intego applications from Mac

How to Remove Intego applications from Mac

I am using an Intego Virus Barrier Express and now I want to remove it from my Mac. I was trying to remove it by normal uninstallion method but was not able to do that so I again reinstalled it and tried to again uninstall but nothing seems to work no I have messed up and I don’t know what to do can anyone help me in this regards. I am even unable to remove the menulet from my menubar. Please need some urgent help as this is using up my memory space which I don’t want.

Re: How to Remove Intego applications from Mac

If you want to remove the Intego VirusBarrier Express or VirusBarrier Plus from your Mac then simply follow the below given steps and it will be done:
    • Open your VirusBarrier Express or VirusBarrier Plus application.
    • Click the “Schedule” icon and after that uncheck the “Enable Schedule” checkbox.
    • Now quit the application normally.
    • Move the Application from the application folder to the thrash, in the finder.
    • Empty the Thrash and that’s it you are done with the uninstallation process.

I have tried almost everything but I am unable to remove the intego icon from my desktop. I program no longer functions in my system but it will still load in the menubar. I have gone through many stories but no one has any proper solution. I have even tried command+drag, I have tried many such solutions but nothing seemed to work can anyone tell me what can be done.

If you want to completely remove Intego then try the following steps it will completely remove Intego from your system.
    1. Download Easyfind by clicking the following link.
    2. Search your hard disk for files and folders with name “intego” in it, and move all these files to the Thrash
    3. Now again search your entire hard disk for files and folders with the name “netupdate” in it, and even move these files to Thrash.
    4. Now search your entire hard disk for the file named contentbarrier and move them all to thrash
    5. Empty the thrash completely
    6. Restart you Mac and now check if you can see the Intego icon.

Hope this helps you as sometimes some of the files left on the computer cause this issue.