Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

xsane doesn’t detect Canon LIDE 100 scanner

Windows Software

Old 28-05-2012

xsane doesn’t detect Canon LIDE 100 scanner

As my title says, am having a Canon LiDE 100 scanner and Xsane is unable to detect the same. I am an Ubuntu system, installed xsane and configured my LIDE 100. However after completing with configuration I found that xsane was not able to detect the scanner at all.

I tried my best configuration but dont know what went wrong. It is just not working. Could you guys please help me out in this ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 28-05-2012

Re: xsane doesn’t detect Canon LIDE 100 scanner

Its well known issue as far as Cannon LiDE 100 scanner is concerned. However there is fix available. Hence you dont need to worry, just follow the below given steps:

Make sure that you are having appropriate USB libraries and after that execute following command,
Code:
sudo apt-get install libusb-dev build-essential libsane-dev
now install GIT-Core install, it will help you to install SANE backends on your system.

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core

to download SANE backends execute following,
Code:
git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
after completing with download , all the files would be stored at sane-backends folder, you can find out the same into home directory. Execute following command to compile,

Code:
cd sane-backends
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
make
sudo make install
to change permission you will need to execute following command

Code:
sudo gedit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-libsane.rules
following line should be add at bottom of the file which has been opened while executing above mentioned command
Code:
# Canon CanoScan Lide 100
ATTRS{idVendor}==”04a9″, ATTRS{idProduct}==”1904″, ENV{libsane_matched}=”yes”
 After that execute following code,
sudo gedit /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf
see that Canon CanoScan LiDE 100 Scanner should be mentioned on in it and add below mentioned line in the same as well,

Code:
# Canon LiDE 100
usb 0x04a90×1904

Make sure that you had successfully saved the changes that you had done, close gedit and restart your computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,