Thread: Dreamweaver uses 100% CPU

Dreamweaver uses 100% CPU

Hi all, I have recently started with a web design subject in my college and we are using the Dreamweaver for page designing. It is running perfectly in my college computer but when I run the same on my home computer then that is taking up 100 % of CPU and makes my computer crawl. Forget about running other applications along with the Dreamweaver, I am not even able to operate Dreamweaver properly. Before installing this software my computer was running well. Can somebody over here guess what might have gone wrong? Please help me friends.

Re: Dreamweaver uses 100% CPU

This is most likely to be a problem with RAM. How much RAM do you have in your computer? It is recommended that you use at least 2 GB of RAM in your computer. If you are having less than that then program cannot be loaded completely into the memory and that leads the system to do paging. If any program does paging then it takes time to swap the pages as required by the software. This takes time as well as CPU. This is the reason that CPU consumption is more when you have less RAM as compared to what is needed to run a program.

If specifications of your computer is lacking the minimum requirement for running Dreamweaver, then you might face similar problema. So I am posting the minimum system requirement that your computer must satisfy to run this program. Compare your system with this and you will find where you are lacking.

• Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor
    • Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2) / Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation
    • 1280x800 display with 16-bit video card
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • Broadband Internet connection for online services

There might be some other processes which are running in the background of your computer and it might be also consuming the CPU as well as memory. The best way to check that is by opening the task manager and clicking on process tab. It will show you all the processes that are running in your computer. End the processes which are not required. Also check what are the programs that are set at the startup program in your computer. Remove all of them from the startup program and restart your computer. Now run Dreamweaver again and see if it is behaving the same way.