Thread: Best utility to replace Windows File Copier

Best utility to replace Windows File Copier

I don’t like the default Windows File Copier that is provided with the Windows operating system. I want something that can show more information about the file being copied. I could skip some of the files that are being copied. If you have some suggestion for any such utility, that I can use with windows XP then please let me know that. Thank you

Re: Best utility to replace Windows File Copier

I also don’t like the default file copier provided by the Windows and so I am using the TeraCopy and it is giving me the best performance. TeraCopy moves and copies files in minimal time buy adjusting the buffer used. This application provides you with a pause command in the process to increase the resources used for another task. In case, if there is some copy error detected then TeraCopy will try to continue with the process, a few more times and then will jump to another file if the document is actually corrupted.

One of the most common tasks on your PC is to copy and paste files or move them from one folder to another or copy an external memory device such as a pendrive. Sometimes this process is very slow, depending on the file size and may take several minutes. But all these will no longer exist in your system with the TeraCopy. It completely replaces the classical progress by its own interface and boosts the transfer rate. This is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

You can also use Robocopy which is among the best copy utility for windows. Robocopy exceeds the capabilities offered by the classic "XCOPY" because it can be used to configure synchronization operations of files and folders. Robocopy does offer dozens of additional options. Those who want to use Robocopy in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003 can download the add-on pack of Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools. Those who were not accustomed to using the command line, they can now download Robocopy GUI. This is the software that acts as a graphical interface. You can define source folder and destination directory, adjust the copy options, set filters, map network drives and enable the recording of transactions. It also allows you to save the actions as a script file. In this way you can create a library of scripts that are ready to use. The program also lets you retain the default settings so that it should not be manually re-entered for each subsequent startup of the utility.

If you just search for “Windows File Copier alternatives” then you will get lots of results. But the best that I can recommend you is the SuperCopier. This is very fast in terms of processing and is also fully customizable. You will also get the prioritization feature so that you can set the priority to the files and it will copy that file first. It will not interrupt any of your other running application because it does not consumes much process. Giving priority to manually delete, add any files, is the most unique feature of it, that cannot be found in any other similar utility. If you have to run some process that needs much CPU then you can simply pause the copy and then run that process. Once you are completed with the process then you can start the copy again. This is freeware software and consumes only 2 MB of memory.

FastCopy is a freeware program for Windows that allows you to quickly copy your files from one folder to another. With this program, you can freely transfer all file types (audio, video, photo, text, etc). This program is very easy to use and very light for your system. In the main window, you must choose the original location of files and the destination, then click on "execute" to start the copy process. It is a very interesting tool, which will save your time if you need to transfer many files on very large volumes such as photo albums or music albums.