Thread: Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 not able to resume from hibernate or sleep

Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 not able to resume from hibernate or sleep

I have been using Logitech G-Series Gaming Keyboards and the problem that I am facing is that the Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 is not able to resume from hibernate or sleep. I mean that when the system is resuming from sleep then only the G15 logo is showing up and nothing happens.

The only thing i can do is restart the software gain. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this issue??? Do I have to wait for next software update or there’s some workaround that I can try out to fix this issue?? Any suggestion??

Re: Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 not able to resume from hibernate or sleep

I have been facing the same issue with Logitech Gaming Software 7.00.219 on my system running on Win 7 x64 and even I am looking after a solution for the same. I have found a no of people having this issue and most of them have reported it to the Logitech as well but I have not yet found any officials addressing the same and not even a single effective solution for fixing this issue. I have just come across more and more people having this issue and looking out for answers like us, even I have to exit and restart the Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 to get the functionality back every time but I don’t think that that’s any kind of solution.

There should be an effective solution for fixing this. I have found some people mentioning that uninstalling and reinstalling the software had solved out the issue for them but I think thats just coincidence. I have tried out doing the same several times without any success. I am still looking after a solution for this issue. So if anyone gets any update on this then please share it here, it will be grateful.

Hey guys I have just checked about the same and even I have not come across any official acknowledgment of the problem but I have found some possible solution that has been mentioned by a number of people for fixing the issue. So you all can try them out and see if any of them is helping you all out or not.
    • You can disable the Lcore.exe in Task Manager, this is not an effective solution but atleast you will not have to restart the system every time.
    • You can Enable 'Require a password on wakeup" by going in to Power Options > Advanced Settings, I am not that sure about this solution as I have just found few mentioning that it works. So you can probably try it out and find out yourselves.
    • Some people have also created script for restarting the LCore.exe and placing the same on the desktop, when you do this you just have to open the file for getting the Logitech Gaming Software working again.
    • You can go in to the device manager and expand the Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then right click on each USB Root hub select properties > Power management tab > uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Just check these things out and then post back the response that you are getting for the same.

If you all want then you all can get the Logitech Gaming Software 8.20.74 for XP/Vista/Windows 7 x64 and see if the issue is getting solved with the same or not. The 8.20.74 has fixed out many such bugs and it is having the following new things:
    • LCD Emulator
    • Ability to Enable/Disable enhanced graphics
    • Ability to Enable/Disable downloading of high resolution images
    • per profile/per mode backlighting

Along with the below new Profiles:
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • Dead Island
    • Deus Ex: Human revolution
    • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    • Rage
    • Serious Sam 3: BFE
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Just check out the same and then let me know if it is fixing the issue or not, i have found some people mentioning that it has fixed out the issue for them but I am not that sure about it.

If anyone is still having the same issue after trying out the above mentioned solution then they can try out running Task Scheduler and creating Task, in order to do so follow the below steps:
    • First run the Task Scheduler and from the list of Actions select “Create Task” option now click on the General tab and give a name to the task. After that click on the Triggers tab and select “new” option and make the below changes:
      • Begin the Task: On an Event
      • Log: System
      • Source: Power-Troubleshooter
      • Event ID: 1
    • Now click on the Actions tab and select New option and then make these changes Action: Start a program, Program/Script: C:\Logitech.cmd
    • When you are done with the same then click on Settings tab and check mark all the other options and leave 'If the Task is not scheduled to run again, delete it after:' option as it is and you are done.

This script will get run automatically when the computer resumes from Sleep.