Thread: Please suggest good alternative to EyeTV for my Mac OS

Please suggest good alternative to EyeTV for my Mac OS

Hello friends, I am searching for any good alternative for EyeTV. I know that EyeTV is best to use but problem is that I am not having 10.4 Mac OS version and that is must to run EyeTV. There are many alternative if I search for that on google and that made me confused. I am thinking to get the Western Digital WD TV Live, please post some information regarding this. I wanted to have the best one and so I am posting this over here to have some suggestion from the people who are actually using other than EyeTV. Please help me friends.

Re: Please suggest good alternative to EyeTV for my Mac OS

It is very difficult to find best substitute for the EyeTV but if you really want to have one then you can consider having The Tube TV. The Tube is a modern television with sharp pictures, chat and the movie. You can also record all your favorite TV shows of your iPhone at the same time. If you already have a TV tuner than you can get the all great features of 'The Tube' as it now supports a number of other TV receiver. With The Tube you get digital and analog TV on your Mac, hold on live TV known as time shift, you can stream it via iChat to friends, Rewind and adjust the size of your TV picture with the mouse pointer known as Smart Zoom. In a live chat TubeTalk from The Tube connects the TV community. You can see the current audience of each broadcaster at a glance and can chat with other viewers on the live TV broadcast.

To record a program, you do not have to sit at the computer because With The Tube you can make recording of your program and even online via the iPhone. With the flexible time-shift buffer, you can even go at the beginning of a TV show rewind and start a recording later. If your iPhone or iPod touch with you, you can schedule recordings on the go via the Internet. With the iPhone and the integrated web TubeToGo you can do much more: over a fast Internet connection, you can manage your complete archive of television recordings via Safari on the iPhone, for example in a web gallery and watch online.

Re: Please suggest good alternative to EyeTV for my Mac OS

You can go with Western Digital's "WD TV Live" as well. In appearance, the case is similar to its predecessor. The case is still the same size and incorporates the features of the MyBook external hard drive. As compared to the previous edition, the only shiny black dress was exchanged for a less messy charcoal gray. At the front of the machine there is no screen. It is therefore have to turn on the TV to listen to music. Also, it is not possible to accommodate a hard disk inside the device. Here, you can connect an external hard drive or USB drive to a USB port to exploit the content. The alternative is to use the ethernet 10/100 network.

The remote is an exact replica of its predecessor: small, it fits in the palm of the hand. It regrets his lack of subtlety that does not give it a very classy look.. Nevertheless, despite the presence of only 17 buttons, navigating through menus is easily made. It is not possible to adjust the sound level but we can use their television remote control or its speakers to vary the volume. You can view files in a folder in the form of jackets. To do this, place an image with the same name as the video, where video is stored. If you have multiple files (several series for example), the display of these files can also be done with images. Each file will take the first available image. In both cases, you must manually place and retrieve images. There is no possibility to view the synopsis.

At the rear of the unit, there is a HDMI 1.3a optical output to connect the device to an external decoder and two jacks. These are designed to accommodate special cables (supplied) allows one to use it in CAR for low-definition TV. Two USB Hosts are also present and are used to connect USB and other external hard drives. One of these is taken at the rear of the unit, the other on its left. It therefore lacks just a SDHC card reader. It is also possible to connect a USB Wi-Fi of your choice. Finally, a network jack Ethernet 10/100 Mbps is also present.