Thread: Is there a Rainmeter plug-in for MSI Afterburner

Is there a Rainmeter plug-in for MSI Afterburner

No issues, no doubts, no question. I am just here to have a discussion regarding Rainmeter customization and MSI afterburner. Actually I have bought a new windows 7 system at my home and I loved it. There is no gadget, device or system present at my place with whom I never messed or left without doing any sort of research or experiment. Currently I am on mission with this newly bought system and my research is regarding Rainmeter customization and MSI afterburner as I already mentioned above. Actually I was trying to get MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring information into my Rainmeter customizable resource meter and guess what? I actually did it successfully without facing any kind of trouble. I am really very much happy with it, just because of this reason I decided to post a thread on this topic and now here I am. I would really like to share up my experience with you and let you all know what exactly I did to get this Afterburner monitoring tool into Rainmeter, hope so it would be helpful for other windows 7 user if anyone looking out for the same thing to be done into it.

There’s nothing much to be done for adding Afterburner into the Rainmeter, what exactly I did was got a plug-in for the same purpose. Actually this plug-in plays a huge role. It somehow allow the operation to be performed successfully, I mean to say that it lets the MSI Afterburner monitoring information to get a place into the e Rainmeter customizable resource meter.

I got this plugin from internet. If you search you might get two different plugin for the same purpose. Don’t get confused, those plugin are available based on the version of OS you have installed into your machine. Both are differentiated as 32 bit and 64 bit, you need to just download the one that is available for your version of windows system and then make sure that you do save your file into the following path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins. Once you get download and install the plugin into your machine now there is nothing much to be done. From then onwards you can simply define any measures from MSI Afterburner. Once you are done, you can notice that you are now able to utilize this measure in your preferred meters independent of anything. But there is one more thing that is to be noted down, you may also require certain DataSource Parameter that would help you to specify the source within the Afterburner for the purpose of placing the query. Rest everything is fine, now you are completely set with everything.

Re: Is there a Rainmeter plug-in for MSI Afterburner

I am really thankful to you for creating this thread and also letting your thoughts and ideas spreading over here. Also I do appreciate your affords in implementing such an interesting and beautiful thing into your windows 7 system. Even I was in a need of same thing and when I saw your thread felt like almost 90% of my job is done as you placed the entire procedure for the same process. As far as I know I did everything correctly without committing any kind of mistake, everything was looking fine during the time of following the steps without showing any error or interruption. But even then don’t know for what reason I didn’t executed the thing properly. Just wanted to know whether you got the MSI Afterburner monitoring information into your Rainmeter at your first attempt without facing any problem or issue? Didn’t you face even a minor trouble while following this thing? If not then why I am unable to get it working into my system, even I am running windows 7 system. I verified almost everything from my side and found that all the software and programs are at their best with the latest updates and so on.

Let me tell you that my machine is running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I have Rainmeter 1.1 x64 and lastly MSI Afterburner is 1.5.1, aren’t they best suitable and appropriate for this procedure?

Yeah there seems to be something wrong with either your procedure or else with the affords that we are putting in. As according to your instruction I installed the Rainmeter .dll file and then saved it into the following path: \Rainmeter\Plugins and then I saved the skins into the following folder: Documents\Rainmeter\Skins. Now after I found that when the 64 bit version .dll file wasn’t working I simply went on to download and install the 32 bit file but even didn’t work at all. Still I am unable to get what exactly is not allowing MSI afterburner to work. There are certain option in MSI Afterburner that I kept enabled to check whether they show some changes or not but they didn’t, so therefore I disabled all of them. Now I am left with no other option, what should I do now, please let me know with a appropriate suggestion. Until now I can see that you are the only one who said that MSI Afterburner has been successfully been implemented into Rainmeter.

There are certain things that I need to tell you, the Rainmeter files does differs depending upon the version of OS you have installed into you system. If you are having a 64bit version windows, on such system remember that you are supposed to go for a 64bit dll if you get the Rainmeter/Plugins folder into the following folder: C:\Program Files but remember that if the same Rainmeter/Plugins folder, rather than being in the above mentioned folder, is in C:\Program Files then go for using 32bit version of windows that would in turn use 32 bit dll.

Other than this regarding the options of MSI Afterburner that you were talking about I would like tell that these option doesn’t makes any difference (Show in On-Screen Display, Show in tray icon etc). Your data should definitely be within the shared memory if and only if you are running Afterburner. Even I am doing the same. Anyways I am not sure but I think the reason for your unsuccessful result could be due to the GPU, I mean if you are having more than a single GPU then might be you are facing problem due to this. The reason I am being so confident is because even I ended up with an unsuccessful implementation into another system. And when I examined, found that the problem was due to those 2 GPUs that I installed into my other windows 7 machine.

The only solution I preferred was to edit the MSIAfterburner.ini file within the skins folder. Let me tell you that there is nothing much to edit you need to just change the GPU temperature to GPU1 temperature or with the successive number in place of 1. The thing is that this name should however be very much similar and also should match with what the Afterburner monitor shows. Now consider this procedure you are also supposed to do the same thing with those other measures perfectly.

You are terribly awesome dude. It did work for me, in fact it did worked for my brother’s system too. How come you are so aware of this issue and the solution? Initially I thought that it won’t work for me but everything was completely opposite. Thanks a lot my friend.

I need another favor from your side. I have no further issues but certainly my brother seems like messed up with the system. he had an intention of getting the same thing work under SLI cards, however there’ s no doubt that things do work well with a single card, everyone knows that but he is very much excited and desperate to test this thing under SLI. But unfortunately things went wrong while performing the same with SLI cards. When he tried and managed to get into SLI all the slots got off and came down to 000. However now he managed to modify the MSIAfterburner.ini file and also changed the GPU temperature to both GPU1 temperature and GPU2 temperature.