Thread: How to uninstall BackOn Track in Roxio Creator 2012?

How to uninstall BackOn Track in Roxio Creator 2012?

Hey guys I don’t want this program in my system I want to know how can I uninstall it? That’s what I want to know? If you all know something about it then do tell me because I have searched a lot in the options provided there is no way by which I can uninstall the Backon Track. Actually it consumes up a lot of memory in the system and it keep on running in the background many a time I have tried to kill the service directly from the device manager but I wasn’t able to completely remove it from the system. Now what I want is by some way or the another I can completely remove the backon track service from Roxio Creator 2012.

Re: How to uninstall BackOn Track in Roxio Creator 2012?

See I think you can stop it temporarily from running. there isn’t any way by which you can uninstall that particular service from the Creator 2012. No there isn’t any way by which you can do that, Roxio hasn’t provided any option by which you can neglect it during the startup, nor can you uninstall it as well. so that is what the actual problem is. You cannot do anything about it. One more strange thing about roxio is that they didn’t provided any customization options in this product. I find it strange just didn’t understand why didn’t they provide customizable options.

You know what I have written a mail to the Roxio support team describing them about the same problem, like you I also do know how to uninstall this backon track for Roxio Creator 2012 and the response that I got from the support team was really hilarious. They told me to uninstall the product. And after that re-install the same and choose Custom option. Here you can choose some of the services not to install. Select the appropriate features and run the setup.

Hi there I found a solution for you from the official roxio forum do try it and let me know if it works or not. The guy over there has explained that you need to first uninstall the product and during the installation and then run the following command ‘setup.exe DisableProducts=BACKONTRACK_39,BACKONTRACK_A64_39,BOT_PE_39,BOTAPP_PE_4X,BOTPRODUCT_4X,BOTPRODUCT_A6 4_4X Mandatory=0’ in case if you are asked for any kind of updates then make sure you select NO.So that’s the solution for you do try and let me know if it works or not. I am sure it will do.