Thread: Want help to create a DVD from TiVo in Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

Want help to create a DVD from TiVo in Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

I have recently started using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro and this is the first time I am using it. I don’t have much idea about it, anyways the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am loading a TiVo file to Creator 2012 Pro for burning it in to a dvd I am getting a error. I don’t know why I am getting an error message saying that the file is DRM protected, I don’t think that there should any issue as such because I have tried playing the same file with Windows Live Movie maker. I just wanted to know that could there be any issue with the Roxio Creator 2012 Pro, if yes then is there a solution that I can try out the get the files working as I want to dvd from TiVo file, any suggestions??

Re: Want help to create a DVD from TiVo in Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

As far as I am aware if it is saying that the file is DRM protected then you will be able to view the file. But on the same hand you are not allowed to make a copy of the same. I also wanted to add the TIVO files that have different types of permissions like Copy Never, Copy Freely and Copy Once plus. I think that it might have been set to Copy Never in your case because of which you are getting the DRM protected error message. You can try Windows Live Movie maker by right clicking on the video file and then select the 'convert to dvr-ms' option and then check out if you are able to play and burn the file using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro or not. If not then I don’t think that there is any other solution that you can try out further.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I just wanted to know that if the file might have been set to Copy Never in my case then why would the same file loads and burns fine when I use Windows Live Movie maker. What might be the cause of this issue. To add more I have tried using Windows Media Player and it is working fine that. I did not faced issue while burning those files to DVD via media player. I still think that there is something wrong with the Roxio Creator 2012 Pro because if there file was DRM protected.

Your issue seems to be weird. I have not yet come across to this one. Anyways before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that are you having this issue with all the TiVo file in Roxio Creator 2012 Pro or just with some specific one’s. If you are having this issue with a specific one then I will suggest you to better upload a short sample of the same file here so that I can check out the same and see if I am able to reproduce the same. I think that will be a better workaround as going through the same file will give me a better idea of the issue you are facing and I will try to help you out with the same as well.