Thread: "Critical Registry Keys Needed For This Application Missing" error with Roxio Creator 2012

"Critical Registry Keys Needed For This Application Missing" error with Roxio Creator 2012

I have been running windows 7 in my system and I have recently downloaded the Roxio Creator 2012 but then I don’t know why I am getting an error message saying "Critical Registry Keys Needed For This Application Missing" I don’t have much idea about the same as I am using the Roxio Creator 2012 for the first time, I have tried looking after a solution for the same but then I have not yet got any success, so is there anyone who has an idea about this issue and can help me out in fixing the same?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: "Critical Registry Keys Needed For This Application Missing" error with Roxio Creator 2012

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. Which version of Creator 2012 you are using?
    2. When exactly you are getting the mentioned error?
    3. Are you getting the error when using a specific application in the suite?
    4. What are the solutions that you have tried so far? So that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time.
    5. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Roxio Creator 2012 to see of it making any difference, if not then try out that as well.

Just check out these things and then post back the required details so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Re: "Critical Registry Keys Needed For This Application Missing" error with Roxio Creator 2012

I am getting the error message when I am trying to install Roxio Creator 2012, actually I had loaded the program successfully before but then at that time when I used to edit a video then the program used to gets crashed and to solve out the same I thought that uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the issue but then it did not made difference and now I am getting the Critical Registry Keys error, Other than this I have tried out the repair option from Add/Remove Programs but the even it did not made any difference and I am still getting the same error message.

I have downloaded and extracted sltrace.exe and have launch application with failing message and I have send you the log regarding the same via private message just check it out and see if you can trace out the cause of the issue because I am not getting much out of it.is there anything else that I need to check out ?? Is there any solution that I can try out here???

Ok, I have checked out the log that you have sent me and I have found that your registry is missing [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F53529E7-07B1-409A-ACE0-3910D2338D12}] your log files says that you were already having the EMC_13X and it had not been cleaned with the uninstallation method that you might have tried out, there was Action VerifyActions.EMC_13X.CurrentVersion return code: 0 in the log which says that the package is still installed, I just wanted to know that are you sure that you had made a clean installation of current version of the Creator over the previous version that you were using, I doubt that you had not.