Thread: Media Error when converting movies for Playbook using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

Media Error when converting movies for Playbook using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

I have installed Roxio Creator 2012 Pro and using this software I managed to create certain number of different movies for tablet. Let me tell you that I have blackberry playbook tablet with me and I am trying to create those movies for this tablet in mp4 format. Now the problem is that with all the movies I end up getting any a media error. Whenever I try to play those movies on the playbook and the most importantly the error use to occur in most cases only after the movie completes its 90% of play.

However I was suggested to try out another program called shareware which helped me to create mp4 files and then also those files were able to play on my playbook easily without creating any issue. now after trying out the Shareware program I am sure that the issue has nothing to do with the tablet as the shareware program cleared my doubts with the tablet but now the question that is roaming around in my mind is that if another program is successfully able to play a movie then why not Roxio’s copies are not working well on the same tablet. What could be the issue with Roxio? Is there anyone with this program and successfully able to create and play a movie on their system or other machine? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem and surely people might be searching for a proper suggestion like me.

Re: Media Error when converting movies for Playbook using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

Hello, I guess with Roxio Convertor 2012 pro I guess the most suggested and recommended format other than the resolution 1024 X 600 has always been the default setting but those default settings too sometimes doesn’t seems to be working fine at all. there are about 10 different converted movies that are existing into my system that have completely failed but other than these files I have noticed that the mp4 formats have always successfully been played into the same platform without causing any issue. There is no difference between the converted files and the mp4 files; in fact I also transferred all these files through the USB ports but then why I am such a big difference and issue with the converted movies. Even after doing certain R&Ds with the drag and drop option it seems like nothing is changing, all in all everything remained the same. Also I found an option in the Roxio Convertor that would play with in convert like that software render and so on. There are more things that are going around in my mind, hopefully I will try all of them and put it into my research so that I could manage to get a perfect solution.

Re: Media Error when converting movies for Playbook using Roxio Creator 2012 Pro

Actually Tablet PC do have certain issues with the converted videos, even I have noticed these things. I have a Cruz Tablet with me and I have noticed that my tablet does not stick well with all the conversions but it never showed me any such errors instead it would either completely play only the audio or it would not even play anything. Other than this Cruz tablet I also have another tablet that runs android into it and even in that tablet I have seen the same behavior with the converted movies. But all in all the only thing I would like to say is that I never got an error while playing the movie but other than this I did faced certain unusual things. Anyways you can try doing some mess with the Data Rates if possible; most probably I would suggest you to go with 4000 Kbps, might get the file size increased and if it succeeded then you can get back to the original value i.e. the default value.