Thread: cant enable audio CD information download in label creator of Roxio Creator 2012

cant enable audio CD information download in label creator of Roxio Creator 2012

Is there anyone who can let me know how can I exactly enable the audio CD information download? I purchased and also installed Roxio Creator 2012 in my system but unfortunately I am unable to enable the thing that I have mentioned here especially in the label creator while making the booklet. I know the steps are quite simply but let me tell you in my case its not as simply as you are expecting. I have already tried out all the basic option of enabling the CD information download but nothing worked. One of the most common one that I tried out is went in Label creator and then clicked on Tools and then Option and from there I went to Online Music Database but after entering there I found that all the option that I didn’t even select were grayed out for no reason. Seems like I am the only exception case with this problem, maybe the feature of enabling the Audio CD info has been not added into my piece of product. However currently what I prefer is using a commercial CDs and also I prefer making a new booklet insert. Please help me out as soon as possible. its not that I didn’t use other version of this product. Already tried my hands with Roxio Creator 2009 but seems like no version of this product is going to help me out with this issue. currently I am running Windows Vista Home premium 64 bit into my system, hope the OS is no where the main cause for this issue. expecting an appropriate suggestion.

Re: cant enable audio CD information download in label creator of Roxio Creator 2012

I too have windows 64bit OS installed into my system but not Vista I am running windows 7 into my machine and having Rexio Creator 2012 installed into it. However I can compare certain things with my system. as far as I know in my system the Audio CD information downloads to the Label creator is somehow controlled by the value that is present in the Label creator or in the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Roxio\EMC13\Label Creator\Settings. Now regarding the value I would like to inform you that if the Enable audio CD information option is checked then the Download Enable value is set automatically to 1 and if the same option is unchecked then the value is changed to 0. I would have been a Vista user or if I would have got another vista machine then surely I might confirmed about the position of the key in the vista 64 registry, actually currently I am sure with the key’s position at that particular place. And if its not at the same position as in the window 7 64 bit registry then it would be better recommended to have a search in the registry for the same option i.e. DownloadEnable.

Another thing I would like to suggest you is to try unloading the Label Creator and then try to modify or change the value of the DownloadEnable option to 1 but before that make sure that the option is already set to 0, only then change it to 1. Once you are done with the suggested changes again check for the Label creator and run it for a while, and make sure that the checkbox option is not changed in any case. Hope this time it might not change. In my case it does changes automatically and therefore I am looking into the registry to get the problem fixed. I am sure there is something wrong in that.

Re: cant enable audio CD information download in label creator of Roxio Creator 2012

I am always afraid of registry and other system created files. I personally feel that if even I do any mistake and if anything went wrong with them then things going to be worse and maybe the system will suffer a lot. However after you suggestion I am trying my best to edit the registry as until now I have never tried doing it and just because of this reason I am really very much worried. I do not have any idea of editing and therefore I do not want to make any kind of mistake that would suffer the whole system. but on the other hand I also wanted to get my issue fixed.

Anyways when I went into the path that you mentioned I found the following value mentioned very next to the Download Enable option: 0x00000000 (0). There I got an option of Modify Binary Data and when entered the Modify screen I found that the title was edit Dword value. The value was Download Enable and there I found a 0 value. I found that I was given an option of changing that value. Also I found that other than the decimal the base choice hexadecimal was checked whereas the Decimal as meant as the other choice. After that I found the Edit Binary Screen and over there I got certain Binary number displayed which I was supposed to change, the number was something 0000 00 00 00 00 … Initially I thought that I can either modify any set of zeros or all the zero but I actually wrong. I was able to edit the any two set of zeros i.e. 00 but not 0000. I still didn’t get for what reason those three dots (…) were present. I was not even able to edit them either. I would have tried my hands with uninstall the Label Creator too but unfortunately I do know how to do so. as far as I know Label Creator is nothing but a part of Roxio Creator 2012, it is a piece of program that is integrated with Creator 2012 and just because of this reason I am unable to uninstall it.