Thread: Roxio Toast 11 is not capturing web videos anymore

Roxio Toast 11 is not capturing web videos anymore

I really do like Roxio Toast 11 software and all its features too. Recently bought and installed it on my system. love capturing web videos and when I came to know that Toast has the best ability of capturing a web video I simply without even thinking grabbed this software. on its review page too I focused especially on the comments that were made on web video feature and nothing else. But as according to the review I don’t think that Toast is so impressive, it’s actually not at all worthy with respects to most of its features and functions. I personally used the web video capturing ability number of time and only the first time I was able to use it smoothly without any trouble. I was able to easily capture all those intended video and had no problem while doing so but then later on after little usage when I became used to this software it started showing me weird behaviors. After two days of gap when I tried the video capturing i wasn’t able to do so. I tried to capture several video including those which I have already captured and done before but with all the videos the only thing in noticed was that the videos that I was trying to capture were not getting displayed on the Roxio web capturing box. If a video is not being able to list in the capturing box then how come I will be able to proceed with the further operation and procedure? Just because of this reason the whole process is distracted and messed up. First I thought the problem maybe with the software itself so therefore I uninstalled the complete software and then reinstalled it again but after that when I tried the feature there was no successful change made into it. However I just wanted to know how many of you are having this software and facing the same problem. I am sure there may be many people who are interested in web video capturing and must be running this software.

Re: Roxio Toast 11 is not capturing web videos anymore

I am not sure with whatever I am suggesting is correct or not but whenever you face any kind of behavior that you have mentioned here or other than this if you are even facing any trouble with the burning process then it is better suggested to you is remove and delete your Toast plist and prefs files. Most of the main features and functionality of Toast run on the basis of such preferences folder and if any issue occurs or if you are not being able to run any feature smoothly then definitely it is the preferences folder that comes into the picture first. Anyways if you feel my suggestion as positive and if you need to try it then you can simply do as I say; first of all go to User then from there go to Library and then Preferences folder, from there you might get two files i.e. plist and prefs, just remove those files and once you are done with that make sure that you re-launch Toast. And it would be much better if you prefer to turn off your Mac completely and then again starting it all over again, make sure that you do not simply restart the system; as already said you need to turn off and then turn on completely. And if you are having Lion, then you can simply try holding down the option button at the time of selecting Go Menu in the finder for accessing the user Library.

For your kind information let me also tell you that if you are not able to capture only certain type of video files then I guess it’s not an issue untill you are able to capture youtube videos. According to the information it has been already said that Toast for some reason cannot capture certain video files but other than those files it can surely capture anything thing from Youtube. So if this is a case then better you do not worry as everything is normal and there is nothing wrong with your Toast but if not then there is something extra ordinary that you need to do with your software. Other than this I would also like to let you know that during the initial time Toast used to not even able to capture a video that it captured long back ago. Now it seems like Toast became too old and not worthy with respect to web video capturing.

Even I have much similar problem as yours. I bought this software not even a week ago and it started showing me the same problem as yours. Even in my case I was able to do video capturing easily without any trouble number of times during the first two or three days but then later on don’t know for what reason the video didn’t even show up in the Media list. Already tried out the suggestion that is mentioned above, I trashed out both the plilst and prefs files from the preferences folder and then relaunched the software as accordingly and also turned off and turned on the system entirely but nothing worked until now. And most importantly I would like to tell that in my case as you said even a simply Youtube video is not getting captured whereas other videos are far away from this task. Now after reading the above commented I am really very much worried what exactly could be my problem. Feels like I am one of those exception case where even YouTube videos failed to show a normal behavior. Do I really need to worry for this thing or I can easily get a proper solution for this problem easily?

I was told that during the earlier time the same issues were reported by many users just because the Adobe Flash update was messing up with the Web video capturing feature. So I just wanted to know whether the current issue has really something to do with the Adobe Flash update. Please help me out I am really very much confused and wanted to get out of it as soon as possible. I am having 11.0.6 version of Toast running on my MacBook pro.

I have found certain things related to the web video capturing in Toast that might somehow help you out in some of the other way. Anyways first let me tell you that I didn’t face any such issue but however I managed to create this problem and then I tried some tricks on it. What I found was that whenever the Toast use to quit every time it use to fail to delete the temporary folder for the web video and even then it do not wanted to use up the same folder. Anyways in my case what I managed to do was simply shut down the Mac or also restart works but not every time so its better to turn off the Mac completely. But doing so the temporary folders are removed by the Operation system without fail including the ones that were not being removed earlier and then start the system and relaunch Toast. After this I was easily able to capture the web video without facing any problem like before. Better even you try this and let me know the result. This issue has completely to do with the temporary files.