Thread: Getting blank screen trying to import video using videowave in Roxio Creator 2012

Getting blank screen trying to import video using videowave in Roxio Creator 2012

I have previously imported many file and have done a lot experiments in this section. But this is I think ridiculous. I never came across such issue previously. When I am importing images as well as videos using videowave the files in the newly imported segment illustrate the preview image of the video. When I place it in the storyline and when I view it the screen turns to be just blank. I have sound playing on background but not able to watch video. So what could be the issue regarding the same. Are you able to solve this one.

re: Getting blank screen trying to import video using videowave in Roxio Creator 2012

The first thing I can say is if it is of VR Format you need to Finalize in the DVD Recorder and then you can make use of it. You can work other way, as renaming files with that of VOB format will tend to work if you convert it to *.mpg ,as you can copy the *.VOB files which are placed in the VIDEO_TS folder on the disc to hard disk

Re: Getting blank screen trying to import video using videowave in Roxio Creator 2012

I am also having same issues as when I was importing Videos. In Roxio Videowave I imported videos. There was a imported box and they show up in the recently imported box and show a preview image of the beginning of the video. My screen went blank and all my audio is working properly. So my background video plays but just unable to get to watch video.

Re: Getting blank screen trying to import video using videowave in Roxio Creator 2012

You need to first import your videos onto your system as an "avi" file extension. followed by importing that avi file into Videowave and play edit it there. Just make a note of one thing, that you don’t import the video into your system with a USB cable. You may be having firewire DV oiut port.