Thread: Outlook 2010 doesn't save password

Outlook 2010 doesn't save password

I am using an acer aspire laptop installed with windows 7 operating system. I have recently also installed the office 2010 application. But to my surprise i have found that the outlook 2010 application is not saving my password i have used outlook 2007 application which saves almost each and every password without any sort of error.

Re: Outlook 2010 doesn't save password

If the outlook 2010 is not asking you to remember the password then it indicates that some one has disabled this feature of outlook 2010 on your system. So if you want to get this feature back you will have to restore the defaults on your outlook 2010 applications. Hope this will solve your issue.

Hello everyone and i am facing the similar issue with my outlook 2010 application too. I don't know what happened to it but this problem started when i tried to log in with another account it did not ask me for remembering the password. Can you please help me to get rid of this problem. I will be thankful to you.

You will get rid of this problem by double clicking the Protected Storage System Provider within the registry editor and expand it. Then delete the subkey folder directly below the protected system provider. Select yes if it shows some sort of warning while deleting. Close the registry editor and then delete restart the computer. Now when you start the outlook 2010 enter the password and select Remember password.

Thanks for replying me friend but as i tried both the above mentioned solution i cannot get the solution. Even i deleted the registry sub key for all the accounts present on my system but this too can not help me at all. And the other trick also failed to work in my case if you have any other ideas please post it soon.

I think you need to rename one of the folder to solve this problem. But first of all exit the outlook application on your system. and then go the the location "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect". You will find a folder try to rename this folder and make it sure that if required you can change it again. Now when you will open the folder again. It will ask you for the password again and click remember. Now when you will open again it will not ask for the password.

Raine,

Renaming the file within "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect" worked great! It is frustrating with you can't find an easy solution, thanks.

ThumbsUp Re: Outlook 2010 doesn't save password

The solution above works, however you may not be able to rename the entire protect folder. Open the protect folder and change the name of the file there (really long file name) to thefilename_old. Then reopen outlook 2010 and it will create a brand new file for the one that you saved as xxxx_old. Now you will likely not have a problem with constant popups asking for a pw.