Thread: For my ASUS EEE PC 901, wireless drivers are not working. Help

For my ASUS EEE PC 901, wireless drivers are not working. Help

Hey hi, I am using ASUS EEE PC 901 from the last few months. It is working fine with no lags, I have format my ASUS EEE PC 901 from windows XP SP2 to windows XP SP3. It is working okay, but there is some problem with my wireless drivers. The problem is that I can’t find the other driver for replacing the current driver. I am also trying to install some mobile driver for that but still drivers are not working properly. Can you please tell me how to find the proper driver for my notebook? My system configuration is given below:
    Processor: 6ghz Intel atom
    Hard drive: 16gb HDD
    RAM: 1gb RAM
    Operating system: windows XP sp3

re: For my ASUS EEE PC 901, wireless drivers are not working. Help

I will suggest you to make sure that your system software is updated. Try to download the version V1.2.0.0 for the wireless drivers for your EEE PC. I am also using the same EEE PC and never faces the wireless driver problem. I am using the same Wifi chip as you are using, I will recommend you to use the driver RT2860 not rt2800pci. With driver RT2860, my wireless devices are working properly and not giving any type of error in during use of the wireless device.

If your wireless works on the boot, and unable to connect from that time then I am sure that it is software problem. You should go for the software update of your notebook, it might help you to work properly to your wireless devices. If your laptop is running on the battery then this method will help you only. Or you can also search on the Asus EEE PC web site for wireless drivers, they will provide you the proper driver which help your wireless devices to work properly.

Your wireless drivers are not working properly, because of the change in the OS. You had formatted your system from SP2 to SP3, and then there will be some problem with your OS. The drivers which you are using might be not supporting the compatibility of your system. It may happen that it supports the compatibility for the SP2 only and you are using it for the SP3 then it will not work properly. I will recommend you to check the system compatibility for that driver and then again install the proper wireless driver for the system.

Re: For my ASUS EEE PC 901, wireless drivers are not working. Help

Hey, I am also using the EEE PC from the last few months and after formatting the system I found the same problem as you. I decided to search on the ASUS web site for the respected wireless driver. They told me what driver I should use for my wireless device. Then I downloaded that respected software for my wireless devices. I will also recommend you to do the same thing. They will give you the step by step solution for the problem. They will also provide the proper drivers for you devices.

I am using the ASUS EEE PC from the last week only. Due to some virus problem I have formatted my computer. There are some component missing in the current XP, but I have the utility for that to recover the things which are not working properly. From the ASUS website, you can get the desire support for that. You can also update the software version to support the compatibility of your system. Check the software compatibility for you system. If it doesn’t support the compatibility then try to update the version so that it supports the compatibility for your system.

can anyone give some link were to DL the right one for this thnx.. got the same problem..

Quote Originally Posted by wetfox View Post
    can anyone give some link were to DL the right one for this thnx.. got the same problem..
    Well, can you tell us what operating system you have installed in your asus eee pc 901? And if you want the same wireless drivers for your netbook then go to this official asus website link and download the same. Note that you will have to select the operating system from the drop down menu first to generate proper drivers for your windows.