Thread: Razer Nostromo driver or software for Windows 8

Razer Nostromo driver or software for Windows 8

I have a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad on my computer. I recently installed Windows 8 on my computer and started using it. But as soon as I started Windows 8, I noticed that Razer Nostromo had stopped working. I attached the usual common mouse to it and it worked as usual. I upgrade the drivers, used the programming software and tried many methods, but everything failed. Is anyone else too using Razer Nostromo who can tell me how to use it in Windows 8?

Re: Razer Nostromo driver or software for Windows 8

The first thing I would like to say is that if you are trying to run Razer Nostromo on consumer preview or the developer’s preview of Windows 8, then it is surely not going to work. This is because the consumer preview and the developer’s preview of Windows 8 is just the trial version provided you to try out if it work in your computer or not. You can’t expect it to accept each and every software or hardware and expect it to work properly. I think you should get the final version of Windows 8 and try Razer Nostromo on it. I am sure it will work properly.

I suspect that the drivers of Razer Nostromo are responsible for this problem. You can also try to upgrade the gamepad drivers for your gaming mouse pad as the old gamepad drivers must not be compatible with Windows 8 properly. Also I suggest you to first remove every gamepad driver from the PC and then install completely new drivers. This will give you the best results. If this doesn’t work, then you can use the software that came along with the Razer Nostromo to configure the gaming pad and along with the computer that you are using.

I think that the developers of Razer Nostromo have not yet released the drivers for the gamepad that you are using which will be compatible with Windows 8. It is sure that since Windows 8 is out in the market, developers of Razer Nostromo will bring out appropriate drivers out soon. Else you can send the request to the developers of the gamepad to release the proper version of drivers necessary to run the game pad on Windows 8. Till then it is better to use Windows 7 if you want to use Razer Nostromo for gaming.