Thread: HP Laserjet 1018 driver for Windows 7

HP Laserjet 1018 driver for Windows 7

Hi, friends I have bought a new HP laserjet 1018 printer at my place, it was all done on an urgent basis as I was in need of urgent printing lot of documents for my own business purpose. But it seems like getting this printer doesn’t make any difference in my work. I am still unable to start with my printing activity just because I didn’t get a proper driver of this printer for my computer machine. I have a windows 7 system which is connected to this newly bought printer. Actually the thing is that I am not getting the exact drivers for windows 7 system, searched all the way through internet but did get anything. Now I really doubt whether there is any printer driver for windows 7 system. Anyways if anyone amongst you know any specified driver for my machine then please let me know, just tell me from where I can get those drivers. And if getting the driver is not possible then at least there must a way around for problem, I mean to say that there must be at least some sort of trick from which I can get my problem fixed. Please help me out.

Re: HP Laserjet 1018 driver for Windows 7

Listen I am not sure with my suggestion but even then I would request you to at least try it out once and let me know whether it works for you or not. Basically all the printers installed on a windows 7 system have a common procedure for getting the drivers, so you are do the same for your machine too. You can try installing the printer drivers for the windows 7 from your system itself you need not have to search here and there for the same. The only thing that is needed is to get your computer connected to internet and rest is the simple procedure to be followed. Once you are done with installing the printer drivers you can easily use the printing feature of your printer through your windows 7 system. anyways now what you need to do is Click on start then go to Device and Printers, after that go to Add Printer then Add Local Printer > USB001. After that you have to make sure that you choose brand name and model of your printer. Once you are done with that Click on Windows update and the Select HP Laserjet 1018 or the model of what so ever printer is. Hope my suggestion will help you out in some way, just to know whether my suggestion is a correct one please acknowledge me once you are done with the driver update successfully using my steps.

Not sure with the case of the above friend who have posted this thread but surely in my case your suggestion didn’t help me at all. it completely failed to search for any sort of Printer driver. i am really impressed with the affords that you have put into however get the problem solved. But I would really appreciate if someone comes up with more effective answer or solution. I am suffering from this problem since last 6 months i.e. almost half a year and until now I didn’t come up with a proper solution. But I must say that there is many more research that I have done related to the printer driver and windows 7 compatibility issue and all. Currently I have opposite news for all of you having this problem, one is good and the other news is bad.

Bad news is that yesterday I learnt that currently there are no drivers available from HP for any of the HP printers and therefore due to this reason you can’t be able to connect any of the HP printers to a Windows 7 system, however also heard that HP developers are trying out their best to get a proper driver for the printers that they are supplying to be compatible with the operating system. Keep on checking the HP official site for more and more updates. And the good news is that I have resolved the issue in my case not completely but partially. i played a trick with the drivers, what I did was downloaded the windows Vista 64bit drivers and installed them. They actually work on Windows 7 system. Even you can achieve it, don’t think that you have to download vista 64 bit drivers only, you can also go for 32bit drivers for the same thing. I have windows 7 64bit OS installed into my machine and that’s the reason I went for installing Vista 64bit driver. If you have a 32bit OS you can download and install 32bit drivers. You have to remember that before running the installer you are supposed to unplug the USB first. Re-plug the USB only when the system asks for a printer.

I still can’t believe that the suggestion worked for you. Forget about the normal procedure of installing the driver I am having trouble with even following your suggestion. From the time I bought Laserjet 1080 I haven’t run it on either of the system I am currently having, I am unable to run it on Dell T3400 machine running windows 7 64 bit and also unable to network with a Dell Inspiron 32 bit.

Problem is not with following your suggestion; I somehow managed to get windows vista 64 drivers install onto my window 7 64bit system. After the installation I was also able to get the 1018 printer work with those vista 64bit drivers but that worked only for 2 to 3 days. The problem occurs with the file sharing, what happens is while I am trying to print a particular document it could be however seen by the other machines that are connected on the network and just because of this reason the printer fails to print from them which results into document crash and unable to delete.

Thought that the issue is due to the print command direction therefore I decided to disable the bi-directional and in fact I did it, also along with that I also tried to install the driver on the other connected 32 bit machine but then what happens is that those windows 7 32 bit drivers that are downloaded from HP never proceeds to run further. Really frustrated with this issue, currently there are no HP drivers running on both my systems, I have removed all of them from both the machines which as usual didn’t show any difference. No more tricks going around into my mind, planning to return my printer and get some other brand product. Should I really go for returning this printer and buy some other best brand printer from the market?

I never had such problem with my printer but I have seen lot of people coming up with this problem especially with their new printer. People do face problems when they buy a new printer and try to connect to their system through network. There are certain things that are always to be noted after you connect your device to the machine. they are stated below:

• First of all always remember to first stop and then start up your Print Spooler into your computer system, for that you need to first go to My Computer then go to Manage and then Services and Applications. Over here you need to go to services, once you reach here do as I already said, turn off and then turn on the Print Spooler.
    • After the first procedure now go to Device and Printers, over there make sure that you select the HP Laserjet 1018 printer from there. Now you need to select the Printer Properties then Change Properties then Port and then make sure that you enable the Bi-directional support. This is one of the most important procedures to be noted down whenever you connect a printer to your machine. Now you can carry on with the printing.

Now the main advantage of following the above two procedures is that after to do that your system assumes that all the latest windows 7 drivers for the printer has been downloaded and installed from the official HP site and gets everything work smoothly without any issue. And if you are still facing any problem, say with the printer sharing then I have a way around for that problem too. You can get the printer sharing work, what you need to do is to follow both the procedure that I have stated above all the time when you start your machine, after following the procedure always remember to test by printing a test paper and then switch off the bi-directional support. Once done with that you can now be able to simply print on your home network from that entire computer machine without any trouble. I am sure you can’t get better than this, after following my steps even if you are facing any trouble then surely there is something wrong with your printer. You can follow your own suggestion of returning the HP printer and then go for a brand new other branded printer from the market. I wish you need not have to do so.

It would be much better if you try to completely remove the printer from your system. I mean to say that uninstall the printer from your computer, you can do this with the help of an uninstaller if you get any. Then also delete any of the HP printer drivers, after doing so make sure to do a complete fresh install of the software. once done with the installation try to perform all the normal process that you do for re-attaching and then turning on, do this to get the P&P able to find the printer easily. If everything is done correctly and if there’s no issue with your printer then definitely the printer will function all the way properly without creating any sort of issue as a standalone with your windows 7 64 bit system. mark my word, the solution will work only if your printer is well and fine. If the steps don’t work then believe that there is something wrong with your printer and not the driver or some software of your windows machine.