Thread: Unable to Migrate from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange Online

Unable to Migrate from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange Online

Well I am trying to migrate from Exchange 2003 to Exchange Online. But it is failing and prompting with below mentioned error message.
    Warning:
    6/05/2010 12:50:57 p.m.: The item with SourceUID value AQgAAAAhAxTvAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that is dated 3/05/2010 8:15:39 p.m. could not be created for user user@example.com.
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    The users which are migrated to exchange online they are having 80% of mail. Can you tell me what is missing? Let me know if I can solve this particular issue .

Re: Unable to Migrate from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange Online

Do you having e-mail coexistence between local environment and Exchange Online? As you are running Exchange Server 2003 I recommend that you should establish e-mail coexistence between local environment and Exchange Online. Once you have done the same then following are the steps for migrating local Exchange Server mailboxes to Exchange Online

First of all you have to activate Selected Users and run Move Exchange Mailboxes to Microsoft Online Wizard.
    Microsoft Online Services Migration Tools let you migrate mailbox content from local Exchange Server environment to Exchange Online..

In case Exchange server 2003 is having support for POP3 and IMAP4 Mailboxes access then you should simply use Microsoft Online Services Migration Tools so that you can migrate contents of mailboxes to Exchange Online.

Could be possible that Domain Prep not able to complete the entire process and there should be permissions issue. hence you should run domain prep on Domain Controller and it would fix your issue.

Some other factor can be responsible to resolve your problem. there could be classic network, wrong DNS and possibly issue might be happening because of improper network stack configuration. If there was an issue with the installation process itself then you might need to reset your account and try connect with machine by using same name on domain. After that try to install Exchange 2010 by making use of recoverserver switch using command line. After competed with same you have to remove Exchange by using add/remove programs from control panel.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is connection issue between Exchange 2010 and Domain controller. hence you can give a try to below mentioned solutions.

• You should execute DCdiag /s:dcServerName on Exchange server and see whether you are getting an error message on your system.
    • If you running any Firewall on both Domain Controller and Exchange Server then you should disable the same and simply run setup /recoverserver.

• You should run "netdom query fsmo" on domain controllers and see that FSMO roles are held by server. if you are having couple of domain controller then both of them should be having global catalogs.

It does not seems to be uncommon thing when you are importing PTS file from Exchange Online Outlook profile when you are supposed to migrating from small company. You should not know that x400/x500 addresses into the historical mail might created NDR when you are supposed to replying. I recommend that you should make use Microsoft Mail Migration Tool.
    Another issue with Small Business Server is that directory sync does not seems to working with Domain Controller. if you don’t wanted to make use of coexistence then you should create users into MOAP. Also altering MX Record which would redirect incoming mail to ExO. Afterwards you should migrate by making use of MS tools.