Thread: How export movies to iDVD with chapters

How export movies to iDVD with chapters

In my Mac, when I add any movie to the iDVD, it works and play fines and I can share it too. However if I import it to garageband to add chapters and then try to share to iDVD, it says the video file is too large (over 2.0GB) and cannot export it. Is there any possible way to export the movie to iDVD with chapters?

Re: How export movies to iDVD with chapters

If your Mac comes with a GarageBand, then assume that it probably comes with an iMovie. Using iMovie it is relatively easy for you to tag the video clips with chapter markers. After that you can movie from iMovie to iDVD. I used GarageBand to create a soundtrack of a video produced by me, thanks to its function Magic GarageBand, and the division into chapters of a movie that I put on DVD. Here I am to explain in detail how to do.
    • Once you open GarageBand, choose to create a new episode of podcast
    • Give it any name and save the project to hard disk
    • Drag the movie you want to split into chapters in GarageBand screen
    • Now click on the marker of time and bring it to the location where you want to start a new chapter
    • From the Composition menu choose Add Marker (or alternatively press P)
    • The chapter is added in the lower section of the GarageBand window
    • After adding all the chapters you want, select Send your movie to iDVD from the Share menu

You're done ... you have opened an iDVD project already contains the button for the playback of the movie and a submenu containing the division into scenes as you've defined in GarageBand. Because a picture is worth a thousand words, but a movie is even better.

The objective here is to create a DVD (SD) "since iMovie7". For this, its GarageBand music composition software Apple included with iLife '08, which may be vested in both the creation of chapters and export to iDVD since these two features are more integrated to iMovie7.
    • Under iMovie7, leverage the Application Sharing. Choose a large image size (960x540).
    • Then in GarageBand, drag your movie from the Media Browser to get a track film along with her thumbnail.
    • Select this track, then go to the Control Menu and select "Show Editor".
    • At the bottom of the interface, you find the publisher of a few chapters as you knew him in iMovie HD 6. Then move the playhead and add markers (with the button of the same name) to create the desired number of chapters. You can name each chapter differently.
    • Then you send your movie directly to iDVD (without going through iMovie).

You can give chapter from iMovie to iDVD 08, with an alternative route via GarageBand . It sounds strange but it can be done. If you cut a movie in iMovie 08, is chosen as the project by right-clicking "provide for other programs." Then open GarageBand and the media browser found in precisely that project from iMovie. This can be drawn into the work area, and then it shows a film track and a "movie soundtrack" track. Select the movie track and then "Control Panel / Display Editor" option. Now you can set chapter marks and "send-deploy> movie to iDVD" from the film by passing GarageBand to iDVD.

Perhaps the problem lies in the transition to the media browser. I choose then the average size in the "Media Browser". I carry out again the passages. Even this time iDVD tells me the error. I burn to see if the intuition is correct. Now you see the video, that is flowing normally, but the quality has fallen very much (I made the comparison with the original DVD). Imagine that in some pictures you see pixellation! The tragic thing is that, by putting the first DVD (which was jerky but was exported with a size "large"), too, compared with the videotape of departure, a significant decline in video quality.

I researched extensively and found the following.
    • IDVD cannot create chapters at certain positions (defined positions within minutes)
    • One can resort to iMovie or GarageBand. Creating chapters there and then provide it to iDVD.

First of all, I am very happy that all the iLife programs has no problems with importing. However, whenever I think film of iMovie (or GarageBand) send it to iDVD, but iDVD opens, but no trace of chapters. The same movie that I wish to divide into chapters, however, I tried to burn it with iDVD, but also reflected a problem in this case, the procedure starts and after a while I get the following message "An error occurred while encoding / processing of the menu / presentations. The burning process has been canceled. "

Save your project in iMovie as an iMovie file, you have all the films edited in iMovie and saved as iMovie to import this file into iDVD with preservation of the chapters, etc. So edit your movies and save it as iMoviebestand, you have everything worked and stored as iMoviebestand close iMovie and open iDVD. You can see in the various iDVD iMovie drag files to iDVD.
    To add chapters, go to where a new chapter should start and choosing "Add to Chapter". Go throughout the film. If you are finished, select the top of your menu for Part -> iDVD. If you are in DVD main menu to create in iDVD, you can use the function of "Scene Selection" simply remove (and then select in the menu to delete or the delete key) and then you see that is not in your DVD Main Menu. I think you also, if you have scene selection to choose your scenes that you do not want to show in that list can eliminate. But this I am not sure. I do not know if you can make a difference in iDVD between scenes and chapters. But the manner described above you throughout your DVD "clicks" and you see the scenes not in your DVD menu.

I use the following method to create a movie.
    • Select your film containing the sequence
    • File> Export> QuickTime Movie
    • In the window that opens, in choosing "Markers", you select "Chapter Markers" from the dropdown menu and you tick the "independent film"
    • Your film exported and contains the markers that you have previously placed in your sequence.
    • It is this type of export you give the "File Final Cut" which is a Quicktime file.
    • Remove its Final Cut icon and give it a Quicktime icon that will allow people at your school to open in QuickTime Player, select the file and import, and displays the information in the "Open With", select QuickTime Player .
    • A launch in QuickTime Player, you will see in the window of opportunity to get to the desired chapter.
    • And once in iDVD, it will recognize that the file has chapters.
    • That's it!!