Thread: Method to update Windows PowerShell

Method to update Windows PowerShell

Hello friends, I am having a 3x Hubcas role server, 5x Mailbox role server, 2x DC server and each one of them are been running on Windows 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 64 bits and using Exchange server 2007 Service Pack, where I am having lot of problem with scripting as I am using powershell 1.0 and presently not able to upgrade Exchange to service pack 3, so I would like to know that there is any method to upgrade only the powershell to 2.0? If it is possible then please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Method to update Windows PowerShell

I would like to tell that Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 are available with Windows Management Framework (WMF) Core Package and you will be able to get from Microsoft Download Center and also from Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). Whereas the Windows Management Framework (WMF) Core Package is available on Microsoft Download Center and also the Windows Update release is having the same binaries of the products, if you wanted to download it then just go to below source and get for you. Well Windows PowerShell 2.0 looks as an option in a Windows Update scan if your computer is having all required requirement for it. You need to have at least Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1, not having it then can download from below link and also your computer should not be having a non-RTM (CTP, Beta, RCs etc.) which is a release of Windows PowerShell, well Windows PowerShell 1.0 RTM can be installed.

Windows Management Framework Core package (Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0)

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)