Thread: Want to share skydrive with secure link

Want to share skydrive with secure link

Hello friends I am little confuse with skydrive, what I am knowing that Skydrive is being share with specific friends that also through Secure link and even link sharing process ask me permission to log in or not. But there is one thing which I am finding strange which is that login appears to be any Windows Live Login, if I am try to share the shared link to any third party then it seems that anyone will be able to see content of SkyDrive. So can anyone confirm with this, that it is correct or not and I feel that it is not secure. The option which I was expecting to have it which is that we will be able to share a link to a specific Windows LIVE users and also user should have to login with some particular Windows Live ID? What you people have to think about it and if knows anything then please share with me. Thank you.

Re: Want to share skydrive with secure link

The access to your SkyDrive is protected by Windows Live ID. There is also about the security at the site to find little. Guarantee on uptime and so gives Microsoft either. So therefore assumes that your data is not heavily protected and that the service may disappear temporarily or permanently. SkyDrive is standard only accessible via a browser (even with browsers other than IE), but you can possibly integrate with Windows Explorer. Access is controlled through Windows Live ID, though it is possible to others through a unique code to grant temporary access to files and folders. 25 GB of free storage seems huge, but it puts a snag. An individual file should never be larger than 50 MB. There is a Silverlight-based tool to integrate SkyDrive into Windows Explorer so you can drag files easily. Would you like to 2 GB of files to synchronize with a web directory on SkyDrive Windows Live Essentials, you'll need to download and install a separate service so you can activate Live Sync. But then at the same time a lot of other Microsoft services installed, Messenger and Mail about Movie Maker to Photo Gallery. Moreover, this works only under Windows Vista and 7 or higher or Mac OS Leopard and higher. Anyway Live Sync works a lot less flexible than the phased Live Mesh. There is no docking, no automatic conflict resolution, the amount of synchronized web data more than halved and the remote desktop facility also abolished.

To take advantage of SkyDrive, it is necessary to get a Windows Live ID. If you have an account on Hotmail, Hotmail e-mail address will be the ID of the Windows Live automatically. For users who use the ISP, such as e-mail, if the Windows Live ID to the email address of the ISP e-mail, Windows Live ID can be utilized as their e-mail addresses. SkyDrive, for each user to get a Windows Live ID, which provides a free storage area of 25GB. In the future, storage capacity may be able to add a fee. SkyDrive is, by default, is divided into three categories: documents, favorites, photo (if not using the function of each is, in some cases in each category has not been created). To "document", as well as data of Office Web Apps will be saved, it can save the file to create a folder of any user. "Favorites" is a work with the Sync 2011, you save a bookmark to SkyDrive side of IE. With this, even when using more than one PC, you can always share the same bookmarks. For category "Photo" is supposed to handle a little different. If you want to save your photos using the photo feature of Windows Live will be stored in the photo category of SkyDrive. For this reason, if you upload a photo, even from the Photo Gallery, may be used for easy to use even more from SkyDrive. To save a file to SkyDrive will be uploaded from the web browser. It should be noted that you want to note, that there is a capacity limit up to 50MB per file, such as video files, so there is likely to exceed the limit. Both Internet Explorer, FireFox, provides a plug-in upload of Silverlight, it is possible to specify multiple files to upload at once. In IE, you can drag and drop the file, but easy to upload multiple files, in FireFox, for upload by drag and drop operation is not supported, you must click the Upload screen, you select a file there.

It is believed that it is well with SkyDrive, but access to the folders and files. Files were up to SkyDrive, or will be downloaded without permission, or are deleted so as not to be able to manage properly the user can access. In fiscal year 2010 version of SkyDrive, in the same way as the privacy settings of Windows Live, "only to me," "and my friends, friends of friends", "some friends", "friends", "(public) all" are provided a level 5. In addition, it can also be set by entering a Windows Live ID, only certain people can access. Provides a two level when you grant of access, "and you can view the file" read-only level of authority, "Adding a file, edit, and delete" that set for each file can. Operation can be tailored to the purpose of giving only authorized to view and share, using the Office Web Apps, such as editing by multiple users and Excel documents Word. Once you have set the permissions for them when you first create a folder, file to be created under that folder, all folder permissions set to take over. With SkyDrive, in order to download the file, it is necessary to register in advance to Windows Live ID. However, if you cannot send e-mail to send large files, of size, to use SkyDrive, there is that they often do not know the Windows Live ID of the receiving partner, partner that you do not have a Windows Live ID. Therefore, in SkyDrive, are provided the ability to send the link of the file by e-mail. This feature has been provided a setting called "Request to sign in Windows Live ID". To this setting to OFF, if you send the link of the file, users who receive mail even if they do not have a Windows Live ID, it is possible to access the file. However, as a privilege, or authority and to view the file, only to download (cannot be edited or deleted).

In the new SkyDrive, to improve the user interface, moving files, such as sorting of display when the list becomes available. Became the most convenient, but the ability to download the ZIP file format. This feature, can you have all the files compressed into ZIP format in folders. Compressed to ZIP format multiple files in the cloud, can you file one. If this, it is very convenient to download multiple files. However, it is summarized in the form of ZIP files in the folder cannot be different. Also, the download of the ZIP format, compressed into ZIP format all the files and folder unit, that are stored in the folder. For this reason, you can download only the files in ZIP format cannot be arbitrary. The new SkyDrive, compared to the previous version, has become very easy to use. What worries me a little, the user interface of Windows Live that's on point mixed. SkyDrive top screen, but is being displayed, such as the folder icon, move / delete files / folders are not supported here. Navigate to the folder under a stage, and not to list the files / folders, various operations cannot be done. In addition, and photo folder where you want to save the folder that you save a document in Office Web Apps, and photos, the top screen is being displayed SkyDrive, are provided separately from Web user interface. In addition, the folder to be synchronized Sync 2011, the top screen does not appear such as SkyDrive, and then trying and online storage, is also somewhat incongruous part. Because the current version of the beta, I expect this area of improvement in the official version yet.