Thread: Unable to restore backup by using Symantec backup exec on MS Exchange 2007

Unable to restore backup by using Symantec backup exec on MS Exchange 2007

well I am getting an issue with backup server (mediaserver). It was not running because of some kind of hardware conflict. I tried to restored mediaserver on another virtual server by making use of Symantec sysrestore image. I was not able to connect tape backup just because of SCSI connection setup. I have configured backup on external storage.. when I started with new backup on my disc. at the time of Consistency Check it was showing DLLs as current files. I am not able to get whether it was happening because of catalog file or it was something associated with log files. I tried to backup couple of times so I am having lots of log files. Any help on this particular matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to restore backup by using Symantec backup exec on MS Exchange 2007

If you wanted to check status of edb then you should provide dump your header info over here and it will allow you to dismount the exchange store. You will be able to see the same by using NTbackup. You can try to resolve the matter by making use of native Windows Backup and see whether it helps you out or not. Also you should simply check edb header and see whether it helps you out to get your requirement.

Re: Unable to restore backup by using Symantec backup exec on MS Exchange 2007

Well I am highly suspecting that the issue which you mentioned over here is happening because of account issue so I am suggesting that you should check the permission associated with account which you are having. You should also uncheck ‘"Enable restore of individual mail items from the Information Store backup checked’ and see whether it helps you out. So try it and let me know about the result.